shipping cost report

natureniche
2 0 13

Is there a way to export, or even an app that can export your shipping data? I'd like to export the size of box I used, the actual weight, and the price I actually paid. 

ThankedRapier4
Tourist
6 0 21

I'm wondering the same thing. I have an issue where I offer a free shipping discount for orders over a certain revenue threshold, but because the customer pays $0.00 for shipping, this is reflecting as a $0 shipping cost to me in the app I use to track profits.

My customers pay dynamic prices pulled directly from USPS and UPS based on their location, so I don't have a flat shipping rate to apply to all orders as an additional expense in my reporting. I need a way to easily export my actual incurred shipping costs for a given order (not just the aggregate shipping invoice).

bbaum2
1 0 8

We'd also love to have the shipping cost data exportable.. 

alexstonehouse1
Excursionist
15 0 34

Yes, why are there no reports on shipping costs? I want to be able to pull a report on what I'm spending on shipping, as well as my average package cost. I also offer free shipping over a certain amount but that doesn't mean MY shipping is free. Need to be able to keep tabs on my profitability.

APGarcia
Tourist
4 0 4

I'm adding my agreement on needing this report in a much more detailed and concise way for accounting purposes.  You can't even pull it in the upgraded version with custom reports.

alexstonehouse1
Excursionist
15 0 34

The only real work-around I've found (after working closely with a Shopify rep for other solutions for a few weeks, looking at paid apps, etc) is to download all my bills for the period and enter the shipping costs into an excel spreadsheet, and generate totals and averages that way. Cumbersome but at least we can track it. Seems crazy though and a waste of my time since obviously the numbers are there, we just need a report.

ThankedRapier4
Tourist
6 0 21
I don't really use this any more since I've moved to having Amazon fulfill
my orders, so the shipping costs are all reflected in Amazon's dashboard
now rather than Shopify, but when I was using Shopify Shipping, I would
just look at my finance report for the month. It contains the total amount
spent on shipping costs, and I'd just plug that number into my profit
tracking app as a one-time cost at the end of each month.

It screws with your 30 day view a bit since it takes another whole month
for the massive "cost" to trail off rather than being evenly spread over
each day, but it was at least enough to give me a sort of end of month
snapshot of my actual profit.

Given that you can actually see what you paid on each order, I have no idea
why it should be so difficult for Shopify to pull information from that
field or why anyone thought it was a good idea to pull from the field that
shows what you charge the customer.
alexstonehouse1
Excursionist
15 0 34

FYI I learned this yesterday from a long chat exchange with a Shopify rep:

From your owner account, you can go to Settings --> Billing --> View Finance Overview (at bottom) to get a generalized shipping cost total for whatever time period you'd like. Ok good.

BUT I also learned  - and feel this is potentially a HUGE issue with transparency on Shopify's part - that any additional/secondary shipping charges (such as dimensional weight adjustments, returned packages fees, and address adjustment/change fees) also just get lumped into this one "Shipping Fees" category and there is no other way to find or view those additional charges except by looking back into past individual orders to check their Timeline feeds. How can anyone be expected to do that? How do I know I'm being charged appropriately and where I need to make adjustments to my own shipping process in the future?

That is totally unacceptable and I encourage others to contact Shopify and make some noise about this.

A simple fix, if Shopify is not willing or able to provide comprehensive bills, is that the carriers can send me bills directly for any additional charges so I can evaluate and pay them. We would just pay the initial label cost through Shopify.

Layali
Tourist
10 0 6

Thank you for bringing this up! 

I was just checking my billing info and can't believe that I can't see details on voided labels and other adjustments!

I am truly concerned now about the voided labels whether I am getting a refund for them as the billing is not showing any of that, just billing twice for the same order.

I hope Shopify would fix this soon.

alexstonehouse1
Excursionist
15 0 34
Thanks Layali - Right?! Please reach out to Shopify via support chat or
email and submit your feedback, they only change things when they hear
enough noise about it! Thanks.