Shipping Cost Reporting - HOW IS SUCH A BASIC FEATURE MISSING!?

PremeUSA
Visitor
3 0 1

Hello Everyone! 

After a lot of research and trying third party apps, its come to a point that I have found out that Shopify does not have a report to run in your finance report to show the shipping cost (YOU AS A THE SHIPPER) have spent. 

Here is my case:

- I am trying to run a report to analyze my margins. I am specifically missing the cost of my shipping in reports. (Shopify only shows you how much you've collected IF you charge for shipping. In my case I charge $0 for shipping)

- I understand I can go to "Settings > Billing > Finance Overview and get to a report of my shipping cost. 

- This information though does not get pulled in any sort of reporting, even in third party apps. I have Shopify Basic Plan, but from what Ive seen even in the higher plans, it does not have this feature. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

- I am currently in talks with developers from PAYHELM and BETTER REPORTS , on how Shopify does not have an API for this information. They have been asking for years. Please look here: https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-APIs-SDKs/Retrieving-Shipping-Costs-via-API/td-p/393281

Please Shopify, We need this feature or please guide me in right direction. 

Replies 5 (5)

APGarcia
Tourist
4 0 6

You are correct...the upgraded versions do NOT allow this reporting and it causes hours of work on our team to create the right report.  Very frustrating.

alexstonehouse1
Excursionist
19 0 47

Hi there, I have been actively advocating for shipping reports, and a comprehensive shipping bill each month. I encourage others who read these posts, to also contact Shopify and make some noise about this. To me, it is a basic part of business transparency and trust.

As noted above, you can see generalized shipping cost totals from your owner account, you can go to Settings --> Billing --> View Finance Overview (at bottom), however it's just one lump sum.

ALSO IMPORTANT TO KNOW (I have confirmed this with a Shopify rep): Any additional/secondary shipping charges (such as dimensional weight adjustments, returned packages fees, and address adjustment/change fees) also just get lumped into this one "Shipping Fees" category and there is no other way to find or view those additional charges except by looking back into past individual orders to check their Timeline feeds. 1. How can anyone be expected to do that? 2. How do I know I'm being charged appropriately and where I need to make adjustments to my own shipping process in the future?

A simple fix, if Shopify is not willing or able to provide comprehensive bills, is that the carriers can send me bills directly for any additional charges so I can evaluate and pay them. I would just pay the initial label cost through Shopify.

Please contact Shopify and make some noise about this, and contribute to these community posts. That's the only way to get them to make changes from what I can tell.

RegenMarket
Visitor
1 0 3

We would also like reports on shipping. This should definitely be a feature on Shopify. It only makes sense to be able to track profit margins and shipping margins. Hoping for a change soon!

msnicole1
Visitor
2 0 5

Agreed. A lack of transparency on any company taking money out of your account without any accountability on reporting is very concerning. 

BeProfit_App
Shopify Partner
75 1 4

Hi @PremeUSA,

If accurate shipping cost calculations are what you're looking for, try BeProfit - Profit Tracker.

It's quick to set up and integrates seamlessly with your marketing platform and even Shopify Shipping so that you can track your profits and expenses with precision.

You'll get to see how much YOU spend on shipping and how much your customer pays for shipping, for every order!

You can use BeProfit to:

• Track your profit history over time
  • Get intuitive visuals and graphs
  • Understand complex business metrics
  • Connect metrics once with smart integrations
  • Spot what factors need improvement to increase profits
  • Make data-driven decisions to optimize your store

Try BeProfit and let us know if you find it helpful. Plus, if you have any suggestions on how we can improve the app, we're always happy to get feedback!