Solved

Why is the shipping error occurring in the Dawn theme on Shopify?

RRobichaud
Excursionist
22 1 4

Hello,

there seems to be an error for my customers upon checking out when it comes to shipping (This order can't be shipped to your location. Contact the store) and I have no clue why. I have gone over my zones and rates (US and Canada via Canada post by default) though seems the error attached is always happening. Any reasons?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Screenshots_2022-02-28-21-30-46.png

Screenshots_2022-02-28-21-31-12.png

Accepted Solution (1)
Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for the extra information, @RRobichaud.

Just to confirm, by including all shipping speeds do you mean you've included all the different services that Canada Post offers, as seen on the image below?

02-24-6h6bq-aas70

Another potential reason that the Canada Post service isn't showing up on checkout is because perhaps the particular services you've selected aren't available to deliver to the particular address you've inputted on checkout. It may also be that the package's total weight doesn't meet the service's requirements too. Because Shopify pulls the live shipping rates directly from Canada Post, you can check on their website here, or contact their support team to see if your package is deliverable via the different services that they offer.

Alternatively and as mentioned, our live support team can also take a closer look at your store from our end. I'd highly recommend this approach so that we can help troubleshoot further, and see if we can spot anything else.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Hi, @RRobichaud!

Thanks for sharing your screenshots. This error message looks like it may be appearing due to your store's configured shipping rates. I went through some troubleshooting steps in regards to a similar shipping rate issue on this Forum post. You can go through the steps I listed on that post to see if that will resolve your issue.

You can also double check your products on cart and ensure that they've been marked as a physical product within the product page on your store's Shopify admin, so that they'd be eligible to be shipped. Check out the Shipping section of this help guide for more information on this.

If you still can't pinpoint where the issue is stemming from, our live support team can help take a closer look at your account from our end. You can get in contact with our support team via our help centre here. Once you've logged in to your store on our help centre, type in your question or the topic you need help with. After that, you should see the Get Support heading at the very bottom of the page, and you can click Continue to start a support request. From there, our support team can assist with this matter further.

RRobichaud
Excursionist
22 1 4

Hey Kimi, When ever I add my own "flat rate" upon check out there is that option. When I remove my "flat rate" to try and use Shopify default shipping (Canada Post) when it comes time to continue to shipping in checkout I get that error message. I've looked over my products and they are all listed as physical for shipping. 

RRobichaud
Excursionist
22 1 4

@Kimi not sure what's going on, when I deleted the shipping zones and re did them, same thing. When I click "courier" vs set my own flat rate, I also check off all of the country, I'm still getting the same error, I also have added packaging details as well.

RRobichaud
Excursionist
22 1 4

@Kimi also, I have all my products assigned to the shipping profile. Have the weights included in my products, saved packaging. I have checked off both all of Canada and US with included different shipping speeds provided by Canada Post. This is the default courier from Shopify. I really don't know why it's acting up 

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for the extra information, @RRobichaud.

Just to confirm, by including all shipping speeds do you mean you've included all the different services that Canada Post offers, as seen on the image below?

02-24-6h6bq-aas70

Another potential reason that the Canada Post service isn't showing up on checkout is because perhaps the particular services you've selected aren't available to deliver to the particular address you've inputted on checkout. It may also be that the package's total weight doesn't meet the service's requirements too. Because Shopify pulls the live shipping rates directly from Canada Post, you can check on their website here, or contact their support team to see if your package is deliverable via the different services that they offer.

Alternatively and as mentioned, our live support team can also take a closer look at your store from our end. I'd highly recommend this approach so that we can help troubleshoot further, and see if we can spot anything else.

RRobichaud
Excursionist
22 1 4

@Kimi yes, everything has been selected. The same package details is the same details I would use to print labels if the customer had paid already. I also print them through Shopify listing the customer as paid. I just don't understand why it will not work at checkout. Generally I'm shipping the same product every time, just customized.

Also, the address used in the error picture from the first post was actually my address. I have contacted support and still waiting.

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Thanks for getting back to me with that bit of information, @RRobichaud.

Do you also have access to Shopify Markets on your store?

If you do, you can navigate to Settings > Markets to check if the other regions on your store have been activated within the Markets settings of your store. If a region you wish to sell to isn't currently active, you can click Manage > Activate market for the market that wish to activate. From there, this should also activate the shipping rates on checkout for those regions. You can find more information on how to manage your store's Markets section on our help guide here.

I'm glad you've reached out to our live support team though, as this query does require access to your store in order for us to investigate further.

RRobichaud
Excursionist
22 1 4

Screenshots_2022-03-02-08-24-00.png