Shipping Error for some customers

Shazlyndon
5 0 0

Hi there, I’ve been using Shopify for over a year and have not made any changes to my shipping.

Over the last two days about four customers have gotten the below error message when trying to checkout.

‘Your chosen shipping rate is no longer valid. Please select another rate’

Other orders are coming through fine. Sometimes they are selecting courier, other times click and collect so I can’t seem to identify a common thread?

Everytime I go test the site it works fine. 

Any ideas? I can’t help but think it is a bug as I haven’t made any changes to the shipping options? 

Any help anyone can give would be super appreciated! 

Replies 19 (19)

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

This looks like a bug. Have you tried contacting Shopify support?

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
Shazlyndon
5 0 0

Thanks! I spoke with them last night and they are looking into it 👍

AislingOd
Excursionist
17 0 5

Hi, I'm getting the same error for 1 customer, will reach out to support now. thanks a

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

Hey, @Shazlyndon!

I'd love to check this out for you in more detail, can I take a look at your store? I can try a test checkout for you if you could reply and post a link to the store, we can take things from there. Thanks!

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Shazlyndon
5 0 0

Thanks Ava. I contacted support last night and they are looking into it for me.

johncAthra
Tourist
11 0 2

I also have 2 customers who reported similar problems

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

Thanks for the update, @Shazlyndon! I do hope the team were able to find a resolution for you. 

@johncAthra I'm sorry to hear you're facing a similar issue, were your customer able to provide any screenshots of what they were seeing? If you go to the Orders section of your admin, then select the Abandoned Carts section, you can see the orders they would have tried to put through. Can you check to see what products they were trying to buy to make sure there is a shipping rate in place for these products? Also, for your shipping rates, can I ask how they are currently set up? Thanks!

Post21shop
Visitor
1 0 0

Did you get this resolved? I have same error with a customer, shipping calculates, but that error occurs when Pay Now is selected

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

Hey, thanks for reaching out! Could you show me some screenshots of the error the customer is seeing at checkout? Also, can you confirm you have shipping zones and rates set up for the products the customer was ordering plus the location of the customer? 

Todd_Trimakas
Shopify Partner
140 0 27

Was this ever resolved? As we are seeing this same issue now..  However, its only coming up after the customers have received rates and then made some changes to the cart.

ByteStand - Amazon to Shopify in one click
Shazlyndon
5 0 0

Yes, the Shopify support team sorted it for me. It was a bug but sorry not sure if the route cause. Would suggest logging the error with them. 

adamlitt
Excursionist
15 0 4

Hi Todd, we’re seeing the same error as well.  Did you ever resolve this?

Anindita
Shopify Partner
675 34 94

Hi @adamlitt 

This seems some technical issue. You can contact Shopify live chat support to resolve this: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/chat 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
Todd_Trimakas
Shopify Partner
140 0 27

Oh yea, we've contacted Shopify multiple times, tweeted and created this Google doc to document what's happening at a very detailed level. 

Here is a link to the document, please take a look and add to it if you'd like:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OJpMKDEv7mQYYL-NywmBGRUD2R7-BFteRjoldMCDs24/edit?usp=sharing

adamlitt
Excursionist
15 0 4

Thanks very much

adamlitt
Excursionist
15 0 4

Thanks, but we’ve been in touch with Shopify, the developer for the app that delivers our shipping rates and multiple third party developers with no solution yet.  I appreciate any additional assistance that anyone can provide here.

Todd_Trimakas
Shopify Partner
140 0 27

Wow, check this out.. this is what Shopify is saying about this multi-year bug that is effecting everyone.. amazing

Our developers are still discussing the best solution to the issue, but we've still not moved to the implementation stage. Since we have a straightforward workaround at the moment that addresses the issue but doesn't impact the store's overall functionality, it may end up being integrated into a future update rather than addressed directly - we're just not at the point where it's been decided yet.

@adamlitt wrote:

Thanks, but we’ve been in touch with Shopify, the developer for the app that delivers our shipping rates and multiple third party developers with no solution yet.  I appreciate any additional assistance that anyone can provide here.

@adamlitt wrote:

adamlitt
Excursionist
15 0 4

Todd, thanks.  But, this is troubling!  Did I miss something here?  What is the workaround?

Todd_Trimakas
Shopify Partner
140 0 27

Yea, I have no idea.. Try again? Refresh? Reboot? Pray? Something along those lines