Shipping Error within the US: Your Order Cannot Be Shipped

YukoY
Tourist
6 0 1

I run an online store based in Hawaii, and we offer shipping services to anywhere in the United States. Recently, I've encountered an issue where some customers, including one from Texas, are receiving an error message during the checkout process. The message reads, "Shipping not available: Your order cannot be shipped to the selected address."

Upon searching the Shopify Community, it appears that several others are facing a similar problem, although most cases seem to be related to international shipping. In my case, the issue is occurring for orders within the US, and Texas is specifically included in our shipping coverage. And if I tried to manually create an order with that customer's address, I am able to create an order.

How can I  resolve this issue? 

Yuko
Replies 3 (3)

Mirdas
Shopify Partner
475 50 79

In most cases, a systematic approach will help in understanding how the rates are working and diagnosing the issue. I have created Shopify Checkout Rate Troubleshooting Steps. I hope this helps.

Co-Founder / CEO @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
YukoY
Tourist
6 0 1

Thank you very much for your reply.

In my case, I'm only shipping within the U.S. and all 50 states are included in the shipping & delivery. So I'm not sure what the problem is. 

But I think your steps would help many other people who are having similar problem. 

Yuko
Mirdas
Shopify Partner
475 50 79

I hope you have gone through the complete check list. If the issue still persists, reach out to Shopify. They may be in a position to look at the specific case.

Co-Founder / CEO @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping