Shipping Lithium Ion Battery products

george5688
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

Most of our products contain Lithium Ion Battery, and we usually ship via our shopify account. Is there a option where we can add the option for  "include battery (such as Lithium Ion)? 

Thank you,

Replies 4 (4)

Maz
Shopify Staff
1161 129 178

Hi @george5688!

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Shopify Community!

I am not sure if I full grasp what you're trying to achieve here, but could you provide me with an example perhaps?

Are you possibly looking to add a note for your customers? You can activate order notes on the cart page by following this tutorial here.

Let me know!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

george5688
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Maz,

Below is the reference that if we try to ship "batteries" on the carrier's website. 

george5688_0-1665505651232.png

Is there something on the back end from Shopify that we can enable this function?
We just wanted to notify the carrier that the package includes Lithium Battery.

Thank you!

Maz
Shopify Staff
1161 129 178

Hello again, @george5688 

Are you looking to notify the carrier or the customer here that the package includes the Lithium Battery? I believe you may be referring to the carrier.

If you would like to notify a customer of this, then there are some apps that offer this functions, for example like Checkout Plus here.

In regard to notifying the carrier, I am not aware of anything on the backend to notify the carrier for you. I would suggest instead getting in contact with your carrier to ask about ways you could add info to the orders (with the carrier) like this or if they have labelling available/requirements for batteries in the packages. What they'd need to be getting from your store (email, order notes, etc.)

Do you have any plans in place yet for Black Friday / Cyber Monday? Now is the time to prepare! We have a really excellent hub full of resources to get you ready for what could be your most profitable weekend of the year! Check it out here!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Anindita
Shopify Partner
675 34 95

Hi @george5688,

I can understand your concern but to use carrier-specific special services (like shipping batteries or hazmat) you have to either directly ship from the carrier website or you have to choose a shipping solution like PH MultiCarrier Shipping Label. If you are shipping directly with UPS you might have to take care of your entire shipping process manually. However, with the app, your shipping is streamlined.

Feel free to reach out to me or our team of experts to know the setup!

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping