Shipping methods

Solved
brownmaryw
3 0 0

I am setting up my online shop. Will a desktop printer be useful for shipping? How else might I find a desktop printer useful in my business?

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Ollie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
916 94 155

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @brownmaryw.

Thanks for reaching out.

Happy to inform you can use a desktop printer to print off your shipping labels successfully! We do have a great article that covers buying and printing Shopify shipping labels with step-by-step guides on getting the labels printed. My suggestions is to attempt to print a test label to ensure that the printer is connected properly and to help you get familiar with the process.

With that being said, you can check out our very own Shopify Hardware Store and browse the shipping label printers that we have available, if you are interested.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)
Ollie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
916 94 155

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @brownmaryw.

Thanks for reaching out.

Happy to inform you can use a desktop printer to print off your shipping labels successfully! We do have a great article that covers buying and printing Shopify shipping labels with step-by-step guides on getting the labels printed. My suggestions is to attempt to print a test label to ensure that the printer is connected properly and to help you get familiar with the process.

With that being said, you can check out our very own Shopify Hardware Store and browse the shipping label printers that we have available, if you are interested.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

brownmaryw
3 0 0

Ollie, if I get a desktop printer, are there only certain ones that are compatible with Shopify shipping? Also, would you recommend a laser jet or an ink jet printer if I'm going to be printing shipping labels? 

BEEYOND-ship
11 0 0

Hi,

If you are shipping internationally, BEEYOND  makes things like printing the label and paperwork easier. You don't have to worry about printing shipping labels for international shipments. Normally print Sticker on A-4 sheet and paste firmly on your package. That's it! 

Check out more on the website- https://beeyond-ship.com/page2