Shipping one order in multiple packages

JohnnyNoble
Visitor
1 0 0

I have a larger (and heavier) order from a retailer that I want to split into 3 separate boxes for shipping. What's the easiest way to generate 2 additional shipping labels without creating new orders? Thanks!

Replies 14 (14)

Kurtopia
Visitor
2 0 7

You cant.

We end up paying almost double the shipping all the time because of this.  I posted on this a few weeks back, with no reply regarding the subject at all.

JSQStudio
Visitor
2 0 7

If you didn't already figure this out, to print multiple shipping labels for a single order do the following: 

open the order

choose Create Shipping Label

mark all items to zero that are not in the box you want the label for

choose package dimension, weight and service provider

Choose purchase label

print the label

return to the order and do the same until all items are fulfilled and you have created a label for each package

dennishodges
Tourist
6 0 17

That solution worked like a charm. Thanks!

Goodhealthllc
Tourist
6 0 1

This does not help. This solution does not give me the option to Print 1of3, 2of3, 3of3 ALL WITH THE SAME TRACKING NUMBER.

This just prints 3 separate labels, all with different tracking numbers and much higher prices.

JSQStudio
Visitor
2 0 7
I no longer use Shopify, but unless something changed in the system, the solution did print 1 of with a single tracking number and single price for multiple packages when I used it. That was almost 2 years ago. Perhaps the system has changed and it no longer works this way.
Goodhealthllc
Tourist
6 0 1
I’ve been using Shopify for 6 years and still cannot see a way to do it. Thanks for the reply I’m moving away from Shopify as well.
Sweetash
Visitor
1 0 0

This was so helpful and worked perfectly!!  Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

wbs
Visitor
1 0 0

Thank you so much for sharing this!

KristenDScott
Excursionist
33 1 47

This solution works fine! I got two different tracking numbers, and it went smoothly. I just need to get it in my head next time I need to use multiple boxes. Thank you for sharing this solution!

Goodhealthllc
Tourist
6 0 1

Download the InXpress Shipping Rates app. You can do batch shipping and printing PLUS multiple packages to the same address on the SAME tracking number.

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

May I know which carriers you use to handle shipping? Or do you use any app?

In case you are using FedEx, the Shopify FedEx app would be the perfect solution for you. With the app, you can automate the packing process based on the product weight, product dimensions or you can even pack each of your items individually. You can set the process according to your requirement and you can also create custom boxes of your choice. Labels can be generated based on the number of boxes to be shipped.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping

sameerkumar
Shopify Partner
7 0 1

The ShipBlink app supports both Label Generation for Multiple packages and Custom-defined parcel boxes for Carrier Cart rates (supports multi-package shipments).
I am 100% confident this app will be able to solve issues for both Shopify CCS and Shipment generation. 
Thanks!
Sameer

kingstore
Shopify Partner
175 5 31

In Shopify, one solution to handle orders requiring multiple boxes is to partially fulfill the order, ship one box, and then create a second shipment with the remaining items. However, this isn't an ideal solution because you would still be purchasing multiple labels.

For a more efficient and streamlined approach, I recommend using the SKUSavvy multi-box shipping and fulfillment app. It seamlessly integrates with Shopify, allowing you to split orders into multiple boxes while generating a single tracking label. This eliminates the need for manual partial fulfillment and creates a better shipping experience for both you and your customers. Give it a try and optimize your shipping processes with ease!

kingstore_0-1687471504367.png

SKUSavvy integrates directly with Shopify so your orders, order updates, tracking, and inventory are synced in real-time up to Shopify.

The best Shopify Inventory Management App: Purchases, Bin Locations, Visual Inventory, Warehouse Management, Pick Pack Ship, Cycle Counts, and more.
Get your first SKUSavvy Mobile Inventory and Order Fulfillment account free for 50 orders
Schedule a call

Buckets
Visitor
1 0 0

What's the alternative?