Shipping Options - change order they are displayed

carolinathreadz
Tourist
9 0 37

I have several shipping options. Two are pick-up (free at different locations) and others are pay (USPS). The free options always appear by default when a purchase is made and customers aren't paying attention and leaving it free. Is there a way to change the order of my shipping options? Can I put free at the bottom?

Replies 129 (129)
norcrj10
1 0 7

2 years and 12 pages worth of requests for a feature to re-order shipping options and it still isn't a thing...and it's the most basic thing... You guys either need to allow us to re-order shipping options, require a zip code to be put in before shipping options are given (I'm tired of people in another state picking the free local pick up option) or give us the option to remove the address from the local pick up option. As an at home business, I don't want my home address public for all to see for safety reasons. I'm not sure why safety hasn't ever been thought of for this.

Again, this is a BASIC thing that has been asked for for YEARS at this point. It blows my mind that nothing has been done about it yet.

DanWallace
Tourist
7 0 4

As so many others have said, this is a very basic feature that has been requested by huge numbers of store owners with no action from Shopify. The claims that this has been submitted as a feature request and reviewed daily are simply not believable at this point and this is an extremely poor way for Shopify to treat it's customers.

The Shopify reps who occasionally monitor these pages until they get overwhelmed by complaints and then stop responding have no authority and no real knowledge of the inner working of Shopify so it's time for someone beyond a glorified door greeter to weigh in here and explain to all of us why Shopify has not made this available and will never do so.

The false hope being dangled that this is supposedly being considered is not acceptable.

Furniture1
2 0 1

Has anything ever been done about this?? We've literally just launched our new website with shopify integrated but this seems to be a big issue for our customers and us!

carolinathreadz
Tourist
9 0 37

NOPE!

Just this week I had to contact 3 customers that selected the free option because it is the default.  They were understanding and two used Venmo and one PayPal to pay the difference.  It is very embarrassing and way non professional.

Furniture1
2 0 1
This is crazy!! Would love to know why this can't be fixed
saultrejo33
Tourist
12 0 1

I have the same issue. Ditto on others' sentiments...seems like somewhat of a basic request (or something that you would think is already included out of the box).

SolveMyProblem
Tourist
3 0 0

I had hoped they would address this with the new updates.

We are likely to lose two clients from Shopify due to this, we have custom shipping API's for them but as with others the wrong options are often selected.

They should be displayed in the order they are sent.

Shopify never consider customers wishes, they assume they know best.

Shame, but this thread proves no one listens.

Perception is Reality
Mhugo
3 0 0

We also have the same problem! Often we find that when a customer uses the express checkout option they then bypass the shipping options entirely. I can only assume that which ever payment provider they are using for the express checkout is using the previous details saved in their browser from an earlier purchase. As far as i can tell, that could be from an entirely different online retailer altogether. This is a huge issue and i echo the sentiment from all the other frustrated vendors posting in this forum. It really does feel like Shopify is hanging us out to dry over this. I've spent endless hours with their support staff on the phone trying to find a resolution and am always left with the same answer of "there's nothing wrong, it must be something the customer is doing wrong". Not good enough Shopify.

Lamay
1 0 0

Suggestion: Simply change to code to sort on the RateName instead of Price.  We can then number the names like "1. Abc" or "Zone1 Abc".

(Apologies if this was suggested already.  I did not read though all the pages).

Sherry925
1 0 2

Like so many others, I have been asking for this for years. We offer free slower shipping and faster paid shipping. Customers get mad at us every year when they find out they didn't pay attention and just selected the first, free, option and their item won't arrive on time. Shopify needs to fix this!