How can I add DHL or UPS as shipping options for international orders?

YamahaOilStore
Tourist
11 0 4

Hello,

Shipping is driving me insane.

I've got a customer that did a one-item order to Japan.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to add something other than USPS to the shipping.

If I check the Shipping -- General Profile

Under the "Shipping to" section I have:

Domestic (United States) and the carrier is USPS.

Then I have "Rest of world".  In there I have DHL Express,   UPS,   and   USPS.

When I am inside an order, how can I get the rates for DHL?  Or UPS?   Or anything other than USPS?

This is driving me crazy.   Even if I "create new order" and copy over the address from the customer, I can't get the shipping to show up the DHL or UPS options.

Anything I am missing?  Anything that's pending to do on my side?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Reply 1 (1)

Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 158

Hi, @YamahaOilStore!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. I'll be happy to help out with your shipping issues. It's important to note that if you're in the United States, then USPS rates are added by default. To ensure you've got the providers you'd like to use, follow the steps in this guide.

When a customer goes through the checkout, they'll be presented with a list of shipping options to select from. If you've set up USPS, UPS and DHL, they'll see all the options and select one of them. In your case it's likely they've selected USPS as their preferred shipping. If you don't wish to use USPS, my recommendation is to remove it from the shipping options. The guide I linked above should help with that.

When you're ready to ship the order, you might be required to print the customs form separately and attach it to the outside of the package.

If the above suggestions don't resolve your issues, we may need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.