Shipping Profile not working with multiple products, help!

katiesummit1
Tourist
20 0 1

Hi! I have set up a shipping profile for a category of products we have on our website (Table tennis tables). The profile includes many options the customer can choose from. The problem is, when I test it and add a second item to the cart, the shipping options disappear and revert to our Free Over $100 rate. I am stumped why this is happening, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

shipping.jpg

0 Likes
June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
292 86 50

Hi @katiesummit1

In order for a shipping rate (or delivery method) to appear at checkout, it has to be available to the entire order (i.e. every item in the cart). The only exception to this is when we see shipping rates combined at checkout, in which case the shipping rates for products belonging to different shipping profiles are added together.

In this case, when you add your second product to your cart, it seems as though the only shipping rate that is available for both products is your Free over $100 rate, is that right? 

Taking a look at the list of shipping rates you've shared, are there any in particular that you would like to remain available? For example, is your goal to charge for shipping when someone orders a table tennis table? Or are you mainly concerned with offering delivery, pickup, and the option to request a quote, which I notice you've used your shipping profiles to set up as well? 

With a little more information about both shipping profiles and your goals, we can definitely chat about your best options going forward. Thanks!

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
katiesummit1
Tourist
20 0 1

Hi @June thanks for the reply!

Yes that is correct, it is defaulting to the 'free over $100' profile when a second product is added.

This is another one of our websites (not shopify):

https://aussietabletennis.com/product/summit-compacto-t-160-indoor-table-tennis-table

If you look at the freight options on that page, this is what I'm trying to replicate. The problem is that we have different costs for different regions, some regions are free, some have an additional charge and some require a shipping quote to be provided. But the way it's set up on the other website works at this stage, if I could do the same on shopify that would be great, but it seems that I am unable to do that because adding other products will override the profile?

0 Likes
June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
292 86 50

Thanks for this example!

In order for free shipping to show as an available delivery method (and shipping rate) at checkout, it will need to be applicable to all items in the cart. It sounds like more often that not your customers are finding that they don't qualify for free shipping. Without a full view of your shipping profile(s) it would be challenging to guide you to edit them (as it sounds like quite a few changes will need to be made before free shipping is more widely available) - though I encourage you to connect with our live support team here to discuss your options.

Otherwise, if we're wanting to work around the default behaviour of your checkout, you might like to explore these apps which will allow you more freedom to customize your shipping rules: 

Please note: In order to use either of these apps, we will need to enable third-party carrier calculated shipping (CCS) on your account, which our team will be happy to do on our end. To enable CCS, we only ask that your store be on an annual billing cycle (which will ultimately save you 10% on yearly subscription fees) or our Advanced plan. CCS can also be added to any plan/ billing cycle for a monthly fee of $20 USD. Let me know if you'd like more information on any of these options!

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes