Shipping profiles - UK based shop

arcalliq
4 0 0

I could really do with some help setting up shipping profiles. I am based in the UK and the issue I'm having is based on the fact that price of shipping is not determined by the weight only but by the size of the package too. So a postage for a package that weighs e.g. 150g can be considerably different depending on its size. I sell internationally and I'm really struggling to find the way how not to either overcharge or undercharge my customers.

Replies 4 (4)
AbiBennett
1 0 0

Depending on the courier company you use, you might be charged either volumetric or dead weight. In some cases the courier will look at both and charge whichever is greater. Without knowing which courier company you use its hard to give advice. Once solution might be to use live shipping rates to try and avoid the underage or overage you mention in your post

arcalliq
4 0 0

I use Royal Mail and they use 'dead weight' but the shipping price also depends on the size of the package as I mentioned above.

Essentially I need to be able to set up shipping profile that takes into consideration a world zone, weight and size of the package. At the moment I only managed to set these up based on the shipping zone and weight.

Anindita
Shopify Partner
354 22 58

Hi @arcalliq 

With Shopify, you can only set weights & get weight-based rates for your products. For dimension-based rates the only workaround is an app like Multi-Carrier Shipping Label App. The app helps you to configure dimensions of your products & get accurate rates. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
arcalliq
4 0 0

Thank you. That's helpful - at least i know it cannot be done. Considering most postal carriers base their prices on both weight and size of packages, this really should be addressed by Shopify.