Can customers choose their preferred shipping method?

leapy
Tourist
6 0 2
Hello, I have a question:
Is it possible for the customers to SELECT a shipping method they would like to use?
I'd like to insert two different shipping rates: one with tracking, and one without tracking. The customer will select his preference at the checkout.
The two "types" of shipping rates profiles should have different price for every rank of weight and shipping Zone.
So in the end I'll have:
A) Shipping With Tracking (selectable from Client)
  • (Automatically generated based on the weight of the products:)
  • Option A1 
  • Option A2
  • Option A3..
B) Shipping Without Tracking (selectable from Client)
  • (Automatically generated based on the weight of the products:)
  • Option B1 
  • Option B2
  • Option B3..

Thank you in advance for anyone who could help.

Replies 3 (3)

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 917

Hello!

You can create shipping profiles for each of the options you want. However you will need to add weight for each of the main profiles (tracking, non-tracking) you want, one by one

Hope this helps

Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com

Learn more about us: jhkcreate.com
leapy
Tourist
6 0 2

Hello thanks for your reply.

Unluckily, creating shipping profiles only works to a certain group of products that you want to ship with a specific different rate.

A customer can't select the shipping profile rate (also, when you try to create a new profile, it clearly says "customers won't see these information").

I was talking about creating two shipping methods (one WITH and one WITHOUT tracking) with the different rates inside based on the shipping zone.

A client that want to buy a certain product will select at the checkout "shipping options with tracking" or "shipping option without tracking". 

Hope I was more clear, thank you!

Bill28
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi JHKCreate,

Do you recommend anyone who knows all the in and outs on the subject of Shipping Costs Setup? I feel leapy did not get his issue resolved.

My problem is similar.. I have a variety of packages and weights provided by my supplier. They are between 2lb and 10lb ( I enter weights in the product listing) with a choice of ONLY USA Ground, 3 day express, 2 Day express or Next Day at different prices.

Each shipping choice needs to be decided at the checkout to generate the final cost to the customer. Is Shopify's Shipping App up to this?

Anyone, please help me with a How To Do.. Urgent

Thanks in advance for your support.

Bill