Shipping Rates wrong on checkout page

Jeffrey_Sokol
4 0 0

I have multiple shipping rates set up, per every .1 lbs.  Very clearly, my items that are marked .5lbs are supposed to be 9.95.  However, at checkout it's coming out to be 18.95.  For items marked .1 lbs, like a small necklace, it's supposed to be 4.95 shipping....but instead it's coming out to $14.95.  What's the issue?  I've triple checked everything, and I can't find the problem.

www.spiritedgifts.myshopify.com

Replies 5 (5)
Katy_old
Shopify Staff
391 1 47

Hey, Jeffrey !

Koreen here from Shopify. Thanks for posting!

Sometimes errors can be caused here if you have not yet factored in the parcel weight to your weight based shipping rates.. This can be found here under Admin > Settings > Shipping.

If you include this to your weight based increments, or set it to 0.0lb then this should fix this up for you, and display the correct rates at checkout.

Once you have it changed, it would be a good idea to clear your browser cache, or run a test in incognito mode, to make sure it's working correctly.

Hope this helps you out!

Koreen W | Shopify 
support@shopify.com

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Jeffrey_Sokol
4 0 0

Please login and see what I've done.  This has already been done and everything is congruent on my end.

Katy_old
Shopify Staff
391 1 47

Hey, Jeffrey!

Thanks for your reply. I have logged into your account, and I can see that the package weight is currently there as 0.4125 lb

Placing a test with this set as 0.0lb, the rates do then seem to be pushing through as intended. I’ve included a video here for you to see.

If you set this weight to 0.0lb or else factor the 0.4125lb (or your preferred weight) into your shipping rates, this should then work for you too.

Hope this helps!

Koreen

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Jeffrey_Sokol
4 0 0

Thank you for the video.  I cleared my cache, tried it on two browsers, and I'm still getting 14.95 for shipping on a ring that supposed to be .1 lbs. 

Jeffrey_Sokol
4 0 0

Ok I got it....I had no clue that the box weight was included, and they were added together.  Thanks so much for pointing this out Koreen!  God bless you!!