Why do shipping options vary from order to order on Shopify?

brittbellebouti
Visitor
1 0 0

Why do my shipping options vary from order to order? Sometimes I am given the option to send through regular USPS and other times I am only given the choice of using priority mail. This is so frustrating because I am losing a lot of money because of this.

Replies 2 (2)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

Hi, @brittbellebouti!

I'm happy to help you get this sorted out so that you see the expected shipping options for your store's orders. Am I correct in understanding that you're using Shopify Shipping and purchasing USPS labels through your admin? Let me know if you're using any third-party apps or services to achieve this instead.

The available shipping options are determined by several factors including both the origin and destination addresses, as well as package size and weight. Therefore, it is important to add accurate shipment details to products and shipping settings in the admin. Take a look at your product weights (on the product details pages under Products > All products) and your origin address and package sizes under Settings > Shipping and delivery to ensure that all of the information is accurate.

USPS Priority Mail (shipping within the US) should be available for orders up to a maximum of 70 lbs and 108" in combined length and girth. Can you confirm (from this list) the name of the other shipping service you sometimes see? 

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Anindita
Shopify Partner
675 34 95

Hi @brittbellebouti,

The shipping options available for the products you want to ship are influenced by a number of criteria. This includes the origin and destination addresses, along with package size and weight. As a result, it's vital to input accurate shipment information into the admin's goods and shipping settings. To get accurate shipping services and rates it is always better to double-check your product weights as well as your shipping origin address and package sizes. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping