Shop Pay info

Solved
usdesigns
3 0 0

Hi, I apologize for the question, that is very newbie style, I'm setting up my first store and asked for shopify payments (US LLC) on Aug 2nd, but have not been contacted yet to upload my documents. As Shopify support has never responded to my requests I'm searching for alternative payment methods. So I stumbled upon shop pay , but I can't understand if it's only aimed to accelerate check out or it's a payment gateway by itself. Could anybody tell me, and in case, tell me his/her own experience with Shop Pay? TIA

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Luna
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
712 66 89

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @usdesigns.

Thanks for getting back to me here. In the United States, Shopify Payments is the premier gateway to use on our platform which is powered by Stripe. Because of this, you will not see Stripe as a payment processing option. Because this is our in house gateway, there are a host of benefits that would come along with using Shopify Payments, such as: 

1. No transaction fees
  2. Shop Pay 
  3. In house support
  4. Financial reports
  5. Detailed payout information
  6. Automated chargeback handling

For more information on Shopify Payments, check out our FAQ here. I know that you mentioned you are still waiting to hear back from our accounts team. Did you hear anything regarding your verification documents? While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our support center and log in to your account to create a support request. We can then give you an update on the status of your Shopify Payments verification. 

Take care, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)
Luna
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
712 66 89

Hey there, @usdesigns.

Luna here from Shopify. Thanks for bringing your question to us here. No need to apologize, I'm more than happy to provide some clarification. Congrats on your new Shopify store! 

To gather a little bit more context, have you already enabled Shopify Payments? If you haven't received any notification from the Shopify team requesting further documentation, your account is ready to go. Otherwise, you will be notified through email if we require any additional documentation or if there are any changes. 

In the meantime, Shop Pay is an accelerated check-out option for the Shopify Payments gateway. If you use Shopify Payments, then you can enable Shop Pay to allow customers to save their shipping and payment information to help them check out faster. This is similar to accelerated payment options given by PayPal, Google, ApplePay, etc. You can learn more about this here: Enabling Shop Pay. 

Where is your business located? Depending on this, there are definitely alternative third-party gateway options if you prefer. For example, PayPalPayPal is one of Shopify’s default payment providers. If your store is eligible, you're given a PayPal Express Checkout account with the email you used to sign up for your Shopify store. Before you can collect payments for orders made with PayPal, you need to set up your PayPal account.

In the meantime, I'd love to hear more about your business! What type of products will you be selling? 

I'd be happy to provide you with some more suggestions based on your store's location once I hear back! 

usdesigns
3 0 0
Hi Luna, thanks for your prompt answer. Unfortunately I'm waiting the team for verification to contact me (for documents uploading) since aug. 2nd. I don't know if such a long wait is normal, but I must start working on my store. I don't want Paypal though 'cause I had issues in the past. My LLC is based in Delaware, is it possible starting with Payoneer?
Luna
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
712 66 89

Hey, @usdesigns.

Thanks for getting back to me with that additional context. I definitely see where you're coming from. Our accounts team works hard to get back to everyone as quickly as possible. However, sometimes our queues can be bigger than expected. I would suggest sending out another quick email on the open ticket to ask for an update in the meantime. 

As for Payoneer, it is not currently on the list of accepted payment gateways in the US. However, things are always changing and improving! I am happy to pass along your feedback to my team. To stay up to date with any updates made to the platform, check out our: Shopify Changelog. In the meantime, check out the full list of payment gateways available here: US Payment Gateways.

Please let me know if you have any questions! I wish you all the best with your store launch.

Warmly, 

usdesigns
3 0 0

If I have a stripe account is it possible to connect it to my shopify store as third party provider?

thanks again

Luna
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
712 66 89

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @usdesigns.

Thanks for getting back to me here. In the United States, Shopify Payments is the premier gateway to use on our platform which is powered by Stripe. Because of this, you will not see Stripe as a payment processing option. Because this is our in house gateway, there are a host of benefits that would come along with using Shopify Payments, such as: 

1. No transaction fees
  2. Shop Pay 
  3. In house support
  4. Financial reports
  5. Detailed payout information
  6. Automated chargeback handling

For more information on Shopify Payments, check out our FAQ here. I know that you mentioned you are still waiting to hear back from our accounts team. Did you hear anything regarding your verification documents? While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our support center and log in to your account to create a support request. We can then give you an update on the status of your Shopify Payments verification. 

Take care,