Shop Pay installments, no way to disable it

Red191918181
Tourist
3 0 1

I've literally tried everything. I entered this code

.template-cart .additional-checkout-buttons{
display: none;
}

in the theme.cscc (or whatever) file. Nothing, still there.

I disabled "Shop pay" under payments > manage. Nothing, still there.

What am I doing wrong? This is the "installment plan" that I simply don't want on my store. There's apparently no way to disable it, which I think is really weird. 

Accepted Solution (1)
dbucket
Visitor
2 1 6

This is an accepted solution.

I was having the same problem—I don't even take Shop Pay so it didn't make sense that this banner was there. I'm not an expert in liquid, but here is how I removed the banner from my Minimal theme:

In product.template.liquid

I removed line 194 that read {{  form  |  payment_terms  }}

*save*

Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 11.57.52.png

View solution in original post

Replies 15 (15)

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hi @Red191918181 

Hope you're having a great day!

What theme do you use?

Red191918181
Tourist
3 0 1
dbucket
Visitor
2 1 6

This is an accepted solution.

I was having the same problem—I don't even take Shop Pay so it didn't make sense that this banner was there. I'm not an expert in liquid, but here is how I removed the banner from my Minimal theme:

In product.template.liquid

I removed line 194 that read {{  form  |  payment_terms  }}

*save*

Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 11.57.52.png

Red191918181
Tourist
3 0 1

That was the solution! I'm forever in your debt, my good man (mail me on hembakat "a" hotmail.com and I'll repay you, somehow. 🙂 ).

dbucket
Visitor
2 1 6

Glad (surprised, even) that I could help—this is a community effort!

MCOFA
Excursionist
28 0 5

Thank you for the screenshot. In the free "Brooklyn" theme, it is line 162. Easy fix. product select pay code line 162 in brooklyn theme.png

rungrounded
Visitor
1 0 0

Tried this and didn't work in my theme, help??

legacytobaccoco
Visitor
1 0 0

Does anyone know where to remove this in the code for the Trademark theme? This is the only place where I see something related to payments.

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 10.22.54 AM.png

kmwdesigns
Visitor
2 0 1

Thank you so much!! This totally worked - I am using Debut theme, in product.template.liquid, the code is on line 162.

MartianReign
Visitor
1 0 0

im also using debut and dont see that section. i really dont want installments on one of my products so any help would be appreciated!

SalimAkmalB
Visitor
1 0 0

its product-template.liquid and line 162 in my case

Rockheadprod15
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the same issue. It will not allow me to activate a third party provider because of shop pay installments.

Travnape
Explorer
49 0 27

Actually it's simple to disable Shop Pay installments, just a little buried. Go to the Admin page "Settings" at the bottom then under "payments" then click "manage" on the Shopify Payments section. In there, there's a flag to uncheck to stop allowing installments.

Elisnowtree
Tourist
3 0 1

This works. No need to change code. Thank you!

JBARAN33
Visitor
1 0 1

Thank you Travnape!