What happens to funds from purchases made with Shop Pay?

Jakyia
Visitor
1 0 0

A customer recently made a purchase using shop pay. This was automatically added to my account I never activated it and now i don’t see her purchase in my payouts either. Where did the funds go ? 

Reply 1 (1)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Hi, @Jakyia!

If the customer successfully paid for their purchase using Shop Pay, the payment would be added to your payout within your Shopify Payments payouts page. This also includes all payments that were paid using Shop Pay Instalments. A difference is that if the order was paid for using the Shop Pay Instalments payment method, you'll get paid by Affirm rather than Shopify Payments. Payouts however will still go to the same bank account as your Shopify Payments bank account, but the bank descriptor will be SHOPPAYINST AFRM.

For Shop Pay Instalment payouts, there is also currently no control over the payout schedules, unlike payments being paid out to your account for Shop Pay or Shopify Payments. Because of this, you can expect to see more than one payout on the same date, or payouts that don't align with your custom payout schedule, if you have any orders that have been processed using Shop Pay Instalments.

If you're still having issues with locating your payout for that particular order, we can look into this further for you. To do so however, we'd need to access your account. We aren't able to provide account-specific support within our Shopify Community Forums at this stage, but to create a support request with our Support Team you can visit our Help Centre here. Once a support request has been created, our internal team will be able to continue assisting you with your payout query.

I see you mentioned that you never activated Shop Pay for your store. If you're wanting to disable this option, you can do so by unticking the Shop Pay option from your Shopify Payments' Manage page. It is however a good idea to keep this option on, as Shop Pay allows customers to save their email address, credit card, and shipping and billing information. This will then save your customers time when they checkout on your store, especially if they've already opted in to Shop Pay on any other Shopify stores before. It will help with your store's customer experience overall too, so I do suggest that Shop Pay is made available if that's something that aligns with your business' needs.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog