Solved

Shopify and hird Party payment itegration

NikiMB1
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi,

I would like to understand if I use Stripe on my Shopify Store, would I be charged fee per transaction only by Stripe or by Stripe and Shopify both?

I read somewhere that Shopify charges per transaction regardless of which third party payment gateway you are using.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Regards,

Namrata

Accepted Solution (1)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 259

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @NikiMB1!

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Because Stripe is a third-party payment gateway, if you decide to use and enable this as your store's primary payment gateway then you will need to pay transaction fees according to the Shopify plan that you're on. On top of this, you will also need to pay Stripe the credit card rates that they've set out for you in their agreements.

Out of curiosity, is there a particular reason you're looking into integrating Stripe as your payment gateway? We have our very own Shopify Payments available as a payment provider, if your store operates in a country that is supported. As long as your store is in line with our Shopify Payments Terms of Service, there shouldn't be any issues for you to be able to use our payment gateway on your store.

It's also important to note that although Shopify Payments is powered by Stripe, payment support for stores that are using Stripe will directly come from Stripe rather than Shopify.

Let me know how you get on with the information I've provided you with! I'd be happy to help further if you have any other questions.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 259

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @NikiMB1!

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Because Stripe is a third-party payment gateway, if you decide to use and enable this as your store's primary payment gateway then you will need to pay transaction fees according to the Shopify plan that you're on. On top of this, you will also need to pay Stripe the credit card rates that they've set out for you in their agreements.

Out of curiosity, is there a particular reason you're looking into integrating Stripe as your payment gateway? We have our very own Shopify Payments available as a payment provider, if your store operates in a country that is supported. As long as your store is in line with our Shopify Payments Terms of Service, there shouldn't be any issues for you to be able to use our payment gateway on your store.

It's also important to note that although Shopify Payments is powered by Stripe, payment support for stores that are using Stripe will directly come from Stripe rather than Shopify.

Let me know how you get on with the information I've provided you with! I'd be happy to help further if you have any other questions.

NikiMB1
Tourist
8 0 1
Thank you. That was really helpful.

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 259

No worries at all, @NikiMB1! I'm glad I could help.

All the best!