Shopify charged me for pausing my store

Solved
imaginewhiteboy
7 0 0

Shopify charged me 29 dollars for pausing my store , but also shopify clearly indicates that we wont be charged for pausing until three months later.I dont even have any app subscriptions i was just a beginner .I really need help for this injustice can you please consider my refund ?

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3210 432 740

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @imaginewhiteboy

Thank you for reaching out. When selecting the full pause plan, the account will immediately charge you for any pending charges that you have. It is likely that you were charged for an app that you have installed in your store; however, there is also a chance that your monthly billing cycle came to an end on, or close to, the same time you chose to pause your store. 

If the charge is for the monthly subscription, then this amount is non-refundable. Your account will have a $29 credit applied to future invoices when the store is reactivated in three months (or sooner if you choose to reactive it). That said, if the amount was for an app you have installed, then the charge would be considered valid, and also non-refundable. 

I'm happy to confirm if it was a subscription charge, or app charge. In order to do so, I will need to verify the store via email which is why I have sent you an email titled "Shopify Forum Support" - If you can reply to my email with the requested information then I'll be able to provide further insight into where the charge came from. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3210 432 740

@mosmattik 

Removing an app before pausing/closing a store will not remove any pending app charges on the account. I can't say whether this was the reason for being charged without looking into the account; however, I suspect it was a pending app charge. I'd recommend reaching out to our Support to get further clarification. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3210 432 740

Hey, @imaginewhiteboy

Thank you for reaching out. When selecting the full pause plan, the account will immediately charge you for any pending charges that you have. It is likely that you were charged for an app that you have installed in your store; however, there is also a chance that your monthly billing cycle came to an end on, or close to, the same time you chose to pause your store. 

If the charge is for the monthly subscription, then this amount is non-refundable. Your account will have a $29 credit applied to future invoices when the store is reactivated in three months (or sooner if you choose to reactive it). That said, if the amount was for an app you have installed, then the charge would be considered valid, and also non-refundable. 

I'm happy to confirm if it was a subscription charge, or app charge. In order to do so, I will need to verify the store via email which is why I have sent you an email titled "Shopify Forum Support" - If you can reply to my email with the requested information then I'll be able to provide further insight into where the charge came from. 

mosmattik
1 0 0

I had the same issue.  Immediately after pausing the store I was charged $29.  This wasn't for an app, as I had already cancelled the one paid app I was using, so can only have been a subscription payment.  My subscription period isn't over for a couple of days, so I shouldn't owe anything.  Why would I be charged? 

Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3210 432 740

@mosmattik 

Removing an app before pausing/closing a store will not remove any pending app charges on the account. I can't say whether this was the reason for being charged without looking into the account; however, I suspect it was a pending app charge. I'd recommend reaching out to our Support to get further clarification. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!