4 0 0

Shopify charges my Frozen Store. How can I cancel and delete my store

Accepted Solution (1)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Vanillica!

When a store is frozen, it means there's an outstanding invoice in your account. When this happens, you won't have access to the store as the subscription is discontinued and no charges are billed from then on. If you're seeing Shopify charges on your bank statement, there's a possibility they are for the subscription of a different store or purchases from a Shopify store.

Before we investigate the charge, I suggest logging into your store to confirm that it's actually frozen. Try to log in through this page and see if you're able to access your admin successfully. If you are, that means your store is still active. You can follow the steps below to cancel the subscription and stop the charges.

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Plan.
  2. Click Cancel subscription or Pause or cancel subscription.
  3. Review the options to pause your subscription, or sell your store.
  4. Click Cancel subscription and close store.
  5. Select a reason for the cancellation, and then click Continue.
  6. Enter your password, and then click Close store.

If you're unable to log into your admin, we can confirm the store is frozen and the charges are likely to have come from someplace else. If this is so, the next best step is to find out if you have other stores associated with your email address. You can enter your email address through this recovery tool and see if other store details are sent to your email. If there's another store, you may log into it and close it using the steps above.

If you're unable to log in to the other store, or you don't have any other stores that could be issuing the charge, we'll need to access your account in order to investigate it. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Vanillica!

When a store is frozen, it means there's an outstanding invoice in your account. When this happens, you won't have access to the store as the subscription is discontinued and no charges are billed from then on. If you're seeing Shopify charges on your bank statement, there's a possibility they are for the subscription of a different store or purchases from a Shopify store.

Before we investigate the charge, I suggest logging into your store to confirm that it's actually frozen. Try to log in through this page and see if you're able to access your admin successfully. If you are, that means your store is still active. You can follow the steps below to cancel the subscription and stop the charges.

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Plan.
  2. Click Cancel subscription or Pause or cancel subscription.
  3. Review the options to pause your subscription, or sell your store.
  4. Click Cancel subscription and close store.
  5. Select a reason for the cancellation, and then click Continue.
  6. Enter your password, and then click Close store.

If you're unable to log into your admin, we can confirm the store is frozen and the charges are likely to have come from someplace else. If this is so, the next best step is to find out if you have other stores associated with your email address. You can enter your email address through this recovery tool and see if other store details are sent to your email. If there's another store, you may log into it and close it using the steps above.

If you're unable to log in to the other store, or you don't have any other stores that could be issuing the charge, we'll need to access your account in order to investigate it. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog