Shopify doubles the shipping price when a customer order from more than one supplier

Tyrannax
Tourist
5 0 2

I manage a print on demand store that utilizes multiple POD supplies (printful, prinitify, etc.) and weight-based shipping. However, when a customer orders a product from each supplier, Shopify doubles the price of the shipping rather than adhering to the shipping rules I've established.

For example, a shirt is 0.1lbs (printful) and a mug is also 0.1lbs. (printify). I have 0.1lb items set to $4.00 shipping and 0.2lb items set to $6.00. So, if a customer orders both a shirt and a mug, the shipping should be $6.00. However, Shopify ignores my shipping rules and simply doubles the price to $8.00. It does this because the locations are different (printful and printify), but shipping rules should absolutely take priority over this. It's quite a frustrating issue that I'm sure hasn't been solved, but I'm hoping someone has come up with a solution by now. 

I want to note that I don't want to use a free shipping model, and I don't feel as though a paid app should be necessary for what should be a basic feature.

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter!

Replies 3 (3)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2222 202 592

I had a similar problem and reached out to Shopify support. They told me it's a switchable feature but you have to request from them.

For example, by default multiple locations will incur multiple ship charges.

I would reach out to them, explain your situation, and ask them to charge shipping as a whole instead of individual items / locations. I think that will solve your problem.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks
iamvcampbell
4 0 0

Hello

I have been corresponding with Shopify Support and I have not heard of that option. I have Pillow Profits and Printful and the shipping charges are doubling up. How do I set this up so the shipping charges only pull from my General Shipping charges that I set up? I don't think I need to purchase another app to handle this. Please share all solutions.

Thanks

VC

iamvcampbell
4 0 0

Hello

How did you get your problem resolved? I have the same issue. I base my shipping on amount spent. It is doubling up with my two PODs. Please share how your resolved.

Thanks

VC