Solved

Shopify Mangged Payment Verification Process

SonSasa
4 0 0

Hi
i have a question for you all,

i m not a citizen of united state of America but i have a registered company here in USA  through a legal process and i  own a bank account with my company name,i m running a very successful business on amazon without any issue, now i moving to Shopify and they are asking me to add documents and i add every document they asked for, but now they are asking me to add my USA government-issued identification, what should i upload here ...?there is no such option to explain my situation or where I can read anything related to my issue

did anyone face this kind of issue before
any advice guys, very great full to your kind response 
Thank you
Accepted Solution (1)

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @SonSasa 

That is an interesting one. It sounds like you are trying to setup Shopify Payments in the USA, and you are having some issues when uploading some of the verification documents right? I understand what you mean about the government-issued identification and how you are having difficulty with this step considering you do not have this document.

In this case, I would suggest reaching out to us via live chat/phone callback or email. It sounds like we may need to take a closer look at your account, which will allow us to provide you with more information and help you get your store setup. Feel free to Contact Shopify Support here and one of our advisors would be happy to help!

That is great to hear your business is so successful, well done! We are delighted to have you here on Shopify. We have a handy blog post here about Starting an Online Store on Shopify that has some great tips and tricks for getting going. Do you have any plans for the upcoming Black Friday/Cyber Monday period?

Rick | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @SonSasa 

That is an interesting one. It sounds like you are trying to setup Shopify Payments in the USA, and you are having some issues when uploading some of the verification documents right? I understand what you mean about the government-issued identification and how you are having difficulty with this step considering you do not have this document.

In this case, I would suggest reaching out to us via live chat/phone callback or email. It sounds like we may need to take a closer look at your account, which will allow us to provide you with more information and help you get your store setup. Feel free to Contact Shopify Support here and one of our advisors would be happy to help!

That is great to hear your business is so successful, well done! We are delighted to have you here on Shopify. We have a handy blog post here about Starting an Online Store on Shopify that has some great tips and tricks for getting going. Do you have any plans for the upcoming Black Friday/Cyber Monday period?

Rick | Shopify 

SonSasa
4 0 0

Hi Rick

its me again,i have couple of more questions if you answer them,very great full of you

please have a look to the screenshot attached in this message
Shopify asked me to upload my US government issue Identification,but i m not usa citizen,what i should upload here,..?i m concerned about this because i don't want to violate any Shopify policy, in consequence, don't want to be suspended 

do you accept passport ..?i have my passport but its not the US passport

in another option Shopify asked me to upload proof of address ..?the document you asked for are gas electricity bill within 3 months ,as you know i m not a citizen of the united states of America what should i upload here ..?i have a postal address on my company document and I m renewing it every year,is that address valid or usable here..?

i do have proof of business association

&

in proof of inventory, we by our self are manufacturer of leather garments especially leather jackets, from past 25 years,my focus is to run this store as custom made leather jacket shop,i have a registered company here in my country, could i make manufacturing agreement for USA company and submit here..?in this case i m the owner of both companies,did you accept this ..?or any other document you asked or supportive to this option please tell me i will provide you

i m new here on Shopify and dont know much about it, need some advice or consultancy, regarding these issues,dont want to violate any Shopify policy

your reply is highly appreciated,

Thank you

Kind Regards

SonSasa
4 0 0

shopify.jpg

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

Hello again @SonSasa 

I understand that you are seeing a request for several different types of documents in your Shopify admin. Specifically, it is asking you for documents relating to the USA which you mentioned you do not have. When you were setting up your store and on-boarding Shopify Payments, did you enter the US as your primary business location? 

In order to be considered eligible for Shopify Payments US, your business needs to be able to provide several different documents, which would need to be reviewed by our payments team (please note that qualifying for Shopify Payments US is not always guaranteed even after submitting documents. It would be reviewed on a case by case basis).

First and foremost you need to have physical operations on US soil. In addition to this, you would also need to be able to provide proof of all the following (Note: please do not upload any of these documents or share any confidential information here, as this forum is public, not private).

• Government issued photo ID - driver's license, passport, etc (we can sometimes accept non-US ID).
  • A valid IRS Tax ID in the United States (EIN if you're registered with the IRS as a business or SSN if you're registered with the IRS as an individual/sole proprietor)
  • State level business registration document (to prove that your business is registered in the US with the government).
  • Proof of your physical presence in the US - this could potentially be a lease/rental agreement, proof of orders being shipped from the US, or other proof that our payments team would need to review.
  • A USD checking account from a genuine US banking institution, which is located on US soil (virtual/online banks or other speciality accounts will not work for this, it has to be a standard US bank).

In this case, if you haven't already done so I would advise reaching out to our live support team here to explain your situation. One of our support advisors can authenticate you as the Account Owner and advise on how to proceed. Please bear in mind we cannot access specific account information here on the community forums, which will be necessary in this case to help you get this resolved. 

Rick | Shopify