Solved

Shopify merchant-fulfilled product AND a Printful Order = a Shippping Label Printing Issue?

avacar
Tourist
4 1 2

I sell Printful items fulfilled by Printful, as well as my own in-house sewn products for sale on my website. When it comes to orders, merchandise destination locations, printing labels and shipping, I have two major issues:

1. When a customer places an order with my store and the cart contains a Printful item, AND an item I already have in stock, there is an error message, "Can't be shipped to your location" unless I note that both items are shipped and stocked at Printful (which they aren't always).

2. If I list all products as 'stocked at Printful' to avoid the checkout error, I can't print my own label to fulfill items from that order that I already have in stock, while Printful ships the remaining items from the order.

(hope all this makes sense or that I'm not overcomplicating it!)

Qs:

• I have auto-fulfillment turned on at Printful - should I make this manual instead?
  • I have already unsynched and 'ignored' the items I have in stock that aren't fulfilled by Printful.
  • Is there an app I can use to help with items that are fulfilled from different locations that will allow me to still use Printful shipping and tracking along with Shopify printed labels for my own in-house shipped items - especially from the same order?
  • Do I need to create a new shipping profile and NOT use Printful's integrated shipping profile? And if so, will this impact the tracking system notification they provide? 

Thanks for your help!!

Accepted Solution (1)
avacar
Tourist
4 1 2

This is an accepted solution.

Yes, there are a lot of label apps that can integrate with Shopify (i.e. PirateShip, Shippo, etc.), but the main issue is products ordered in Shopify need multiple line-item fulfillment options. Some items in a single order are shipped from POD warehouses like Printful, Printify, etc., while some inventory is shipped from in-house. A shop owner cannot print a label from Shopify with its own tracking once Printful accepts an order for fulfillment. So it seems an integrated app is necessary.

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

ShipVista_COM
Shopify Partner
26 2 7

@avacar could it be possible that, for the in-house sewn products for sale, you have not enabled other shipping options? That's how "Can't be shipped to your location" usually mean the items don't ship to the address or location. either because the is no shipping option or the country is not enabled for To Shipping.

By the way, is one able to buy only the sewn products for sale? or how

Let me know if you can share more information and we can try to run a test order.

My team and I specialize in Powering eCommerce Shipping infrastructures, Fulfillment, and Customer Returns for businesses, via our Shipping Platform ShipVista.com.

I'm usually available Monday to Friday from 7 AM to 9 PM EST and will be excited to meet and connect with you to better understand your work in the community.
avacar
Tourist
4 1 2

Thanks, @ShipVista_COM  Yes, I have two shipping profiles created, and as long as they are up to date, everything is OK. But I can't create a separate shipping label in Shopify for the in-house items if they are ordered with a Printful fulfilled item.

ShipVista_COM
Shopify Partner
26 2 7

if the issue is just printing a shipping label to fulfill your self-fulfill items then you can print the label at any discounted Shipping Service provider like ShipVista.com. I will also notify the buy and I know that SHopif can handle multiple tracking numbers

I recommend you reach out to Shopify expert team on voice as they will also have access to your account

My team and I specialize in Powering eCommerce Shipping infrastructures, Fulfillment, and Customer Returns for businesses, via our Shipping Platform ShipVista.com.

I'm usually available Monday to Friday from 7 AM to 9 PM EST and will be excited to meet and connect with you to better understand your work in the community.
avacar
Tourist
4 1 2

This is an accepted solution.

Yes, there are a lot of label apps that can integrate with Shopify (i.e. PirateShip, Shippo, etc.), but the main issue is products ordered in Shopify need multiple line-item fulfillment options. Some items in a single order are shipped from POD warehouses like Printful, Printify, etc., while some inventory is shipped from in-house. A shop owner cannot print a label from Shopify with its own tracking once Printful accepts an order for fulfillment. So it seems an integrated app is necessary.

ShipVista_COM
Shopify Partner
26 2 7

@avacar  you know, There's never one size fits all.

This is what I see in my Shopify account mind you my store is the advanced plan

ShipVista_COM_0-1679583824907.png

I can create a shipping label or I can fulfill the item (Mark it As Shipped) 

Remember Shopify is also trying to make sure you don't ship an already fulfilled order in error. The next point is Shopify's contract with the carrier partners is for orders from their platform, Which in the example above looks like the order has already been fulfilled by Printful(I know it has not, I.e Partially fulfilled).

I will recommend you use the 'Mark it As Shipped' option to add a tracking number for sewn products for sale.

looks like the system doesn't allow one to print shipping labels for an already shipped order even though in your case, the sewn products for sale have not been fulfilled.

Have you tried these options?

ShipVista_COM_1-1679584549054.png

maybe you have to unmark it as shipped and then create the label if it doesn't give you a partially fulfill option.

try if it helps