Shopify multicurrency in Czech

PetrMachacek
Explorer
62 1 17

Hi all,

We are located in Czech republic and we really need to expand to multicurrency. Shopify show us Stripe payment option but we cannot set multi currency - Shopify payments is not showing as an option. How can we set multi currency for our customers? Our Shopify plan is basic we would be ok to upgrade if this feature is enabled. Also any app that resolves this issue is an option. Obviously free variant would be preffered.

Petr

Replies 4 (4)
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3210 432 736

@PetrMachacek 

Great question! Selling in multiple currencies is only support in regions where Shopify Payments is available. As you're in the Czech Republic, you will not have access to this feature as Shopify Payments is not available for your region. 

Selling in the currency that your target audience uses, using one of the available payment providers for the Czech Republic will be the best route to take. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PetrMachacek
Explorer
62 1 17

Thank you, unfortunately, this is really bad. We are not able to go for Shopify Plus for 2K a month and international currency is essential for us at this stage. Considering we can pay around 2K for the transition of the shop to other providers but as one-time payment this seals the deal for us 😞

PetrMachacek
Explorer
62 1 17

Just thinking about this I really don't understand - we could have multiple stores with multiple currencies but why is it not feasible with one store while we have this possibility with much smaller players? Even if there is some glitch in the matrix and Shopify cannot do this - you could at least make available some tool for synchronization of multiple stores to retain the customers.

I want to be wrong but this actually sounds more like some dirty marketing practice. I really believed today the customer comes first...

harris84firefox
Tourist
5 0 0

We have Shopify Plus and located outside "shopify payments" zone. It is almost impossible to have many currencies available (in theory you can have 9 extra currencies but the implementation is really really ugly). We consider the move to BigCommerce. I would be very happy to stay to shopify plus, but I can't find any elegance solution