Shopify not working for my Trade customers

Emma_Smalley
2 0 0

Morning all

I am relatively new to Shopify and I am hoping that there is a very simple solution to my problem that I am missing.

There are 2 ways that I take orders from my shopify store:

1. To consumers via the online store

2. To trade customers - selling cases of gin to retailers

I am finding that I am having to use 2 separate systems for these different customers due to the way shopify handles my trade customers.

When a trade customer places an order usually this is an email or telephone conversation.

I want to log this in Shopify so I can track inventory and all sales are in one place. However...a trade customer does not need an email once I have created an order, nor do they need one once the order has been dispatched etc. (like a consumer).

I simply want to log the order and send them an email with the bank details. Most of the retailers we work with are pretty old school and don't want to pay online via a link. They want to do a BACS transfer.

The only wany around this seems to be to not enter their email address (so they won't get the order confirmation) and then send them a separate email invoice via Xero. I would love it if I could do everythhing in Shopify but it's just not working for me.

Any ideas folks?

Replies 3 (3)
Kasimir
Shopify Partner
385 0 71

Hello Emma,

What is the harm in sending them and order confirmation, surely it would be nice for the wholesale customers to receive one aswell? If the layout is the problem you could always just edit it for your wholesale customers by tagging the order etc.

If you want to completely get rid of this behaviour, but still want Shopify to log orders you would need to use the API (create a custom app or find an app that has this functionality).

Kasimir

"Good design is good business"
Emma_Smalley
2 0 0

Thanks Kasimir

I think the problem is that they they receive 2 emails - one from Shopify and one from the accounting software. Most of the time we and deliver the cases as well so the don't need a dispatch email either!

Any ideas of an app with this functionality?

I am surprised that this is not a common issue.

Kasimir
Shopify Partner
385 0 71

Hello Emma,

Fair enough seems like a legimate reason to not want two emails.

I dont know of any apps with that specific requirements, best bet is to go to the apps.shopify.com and search. But you might also need to develop something custom.

Kasimir

"Good design is good business"