Solved

Shopify paiements in multiple countries : configurations.

StephaneFinland
4 0 0

Hello,

I am planning to start a print on demand Shopify store with customers located both in US and Europe while having my company located in Finland. When it comes to Shopify paiements , I have understood it is not available everywhere. For example it doesn’t seem to be available in Us but it is in some European countries.

From a configuration point of view , how does it work? Are the Shopify paiement options open based on where the customers are or where the company is located ? I assume the first one : where the customers are located with possibility to select this option by country. 
Is it the case?
br,

Stephane 

Accepted Solution (1)
Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @StephaneFinland,

There are no immediate plans to make Shopify Payments available in Finland as far as I am aware, although we have expanded the number of countries the gateway is available in over the past few years and may continue to do so in future. Our developers ask that we inform them when a merchant registers interest in using the gateway in order to better gauge demand, so I will be sure to submit your feedback to them. Thanks again for getting in touch.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @StephaneFinland,

Thank you for reaching out. Eligibility for Shopify Payments is determined by the merchant's location, not the customer's, and the gateway is only available in the countries listed here. If a merchant is based in a country where Shopify Payments is available, they are able to accept payments from customers in other parts of the world where Shopify Payments is not available.

Unfortunately, Shopify Payments is not available to merchants in Finland at this time so you would need to use a different payment gateway that is available to Finnish merchants. There are a variety of different gateways you can decide to use and they should allow you to accept payments from customers in the US and other European countries.

As you're looking at starting a Print-on-Demand business, I would recommend checking out some of the resources we offer to merchants selling via this business model. There is a great course you can take on our free learning hub, Compass, which goes into great detail on how to create a successful business this way, which you can find here. The course covers how to select the right products, how to build a Shopify store to showcase them, and how to market these products effectively.

I hope I have answered your question but please let me know if you have more.

StephaneFinland
4 0 0

Thank you for your reply and explanations . It is clear.

May I ask if Shopify would have plans to make Shopify paiement available also in Finland? There are multiple benefits for this system and it is a pity we aren’t able to use it here. 

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @StephaneFinland,

There are no immediate plans to make Shopify Payments available in Finland as far as I am aware, although we have expanded the number of countries the gateway is available in over the past few years and may continue to do so in future. Our developers ask that we inform them when a merchant registers interest in using the gateway in order to better gauge demand, so I will be sure to submit your feedback to them. Thanks again for getting in touch.