How can I access all my transactions on a high-risk inactive store?

ZhongTeng
Visitor
3 0 0

Since my store has been inactive due to a high level of risk, and I try to contact the Risk Team to get all the transaction of  Shopify payment that I has been made. Unfortunately, I didn't get any solutions. So I would like to know if there any way that I can get all of my Shopify transactions.  I would appreciate it if someone could answer this question. Thanks!

Replies 2 (2)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 317

Hi @ZhongTeng,

Hyde here from Shopify.

For security purposes, we cannot address account-specific questions in Community Forums.

Also, when it comes to queries like this you will get the most accurate and definitive answers from the team you're currently in email correspondence with. Ultimately, their responses and decisions are final as they are the authority on the matter.

I know this may not be what you want to hear and I'm sorry I cannot provide any more information. If you reply to the email you received from the Risk team, they will be able to better help.

All the best, Hyde.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

ZhongTeng
Visitor
3 0 0

Then how I would know when I could get the shopify payment paid. I have fullfiled all the orders and answer all my customers emails. So why you are so mean to me? I am just a little poor small business , all my money has running into this businesss. So what should I do now, it's been 4 months already. I just want my payment which my customers paid me .