Solved

Shopify Payment

Hannah250
Tourist
21 0 1

Hello. I had PayPal set as the default payment method on my store and recently,I added Paystack as an option for payment but when someone comes to the store, Paystack is not an option it's only PayPal that is visible as the payment option.

Note: Paystack payment method shows 'active' on my admin page.

How does this get solved.

My website link is https://sparkleclassy.myshopify.com

Accepted Solution (1)

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Hannah250 

Thanks for reaching out here!

I understand you have added Paystack to your store payment settings, but are not seeing it as an option in the checkout. I would be happy to help you resolve this.

Thanks for confirming that the Paystack payment gateway is showing as active in your store admin, and for providing your store URL. I had a look at your store and tested the checkout just to make sure I am seeing the same behavior.

It appears that Paystack is showing as available in the checkout, and is a valid option for me to select - this would suggest it is working and you have set it up correctly. I included a test checkout screenshot for you below so you can see how this appears for me in your checkout:

25-09-285-78864

I believe the confusion might be coming from the previous Shipping page of the checkout. There you can see the PayPal accelerated checkout button before entering shipping info, as it is an accelerated payment method. You would need to enter the shipping address and then proceed to the Payment page to be able to view the other payment options, including Paystack. This is normal, expected behavior. 

You have added some great content to your store! I have a couple of suggestions for ways you can improve it:

• Add a 'Favicon' to your store. Favicons are the small logos that appear when you open a new tab in a browser. They also display in your saved bookmarks, so your customers will see a more polished-looking store when browsing. 
  • Add an 'About Us' page. They can be very beneficial to your store, as they help you tell more of a story about your business. Telling your story is important, and it will keep customers coming back to your brand. It also increases trust which can encourage sales.

Rick | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 15 (15)

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Hannah250 

Thanks for reaching out here!

I understand you have added Paystack to your store payment settings, but are not seeing it as an option in the checkout. I would be happy to help you resolve this.

Thanks for confirming that the Paystack payment gateway is showing as active in your store admin, and for providing your store URL. I had a look at your store and tested the checkout just to make sure I am seeing the same behavior.

It appears that Paystack is showing as available in the checkout, and is a valid option for me to select - this would suggest it is working and you have set it up correctly. I included a test checkout screenshot for you below so you can see how this appears for me in your checkout:

25-09-285-78864

I believe the confusion might be coming from the previous Shipping page of the checkout. There you can see the PayPal accelerated checkout button before entering shipping info, as it is an accelerated payment method. You would need to enter the shipping address and then proceed to the Payment page to be able to view the other payment options, including Paystack. This is normal, expected behavior. 

You have added some great content to your store! I have a couple of suggestions for ways you can improve it:

• Add a 'Favicon' to your store. Favicons are the small logos that appear when you open a new tab in a browser. They also display in your saved bookmarks, so your customers will see a more polished-looking store when browsing. 
  • Add an 'About Us' page. They can be very beneficial to your store, as they help you tell more of a story about your business. Telling your story is important, and it will keep customers coming back to your brand. It also increases trust which can encourage sales.

Rick | Shopify 

Hannah250
Tourist
21 0 1

Thanks a lot.

Hannah250
Tourist
21 0 1

Thanks.

How do I add a Favicon,please?

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

Hi @Hannah250 

You are very welcome!

The process for adding a favicon to your store may vary slightly depending on the specific theme you are using. Can you confirm the name of the theme you are using on your store?

The general steps for adding a favicon to a Shopify made theme are as follows:

• From your Shopify admin, navigate to Online Store > Themes.
  • Click Customize next to your theme, or the theme you are working on.
  • From within the theme editor, click Theme settings (paint brush icon on the left side).
  • Click Favicon and then select an image.
  • Don't forget to click Save in the top right corner before closing out the theme editor.

The ideal size for a favicon is either 16x16 pixels or 32x32 pixels - perhaps you already have a small icon or logo that you can use? Many times merchants will opt to use something that is a tiny version of their store logo or branding. There are third party websites such as favicon.io that you can use to generate a favicon from an image, text or even an emoji if you wanted to.

After adding your favicon image to your theme using the above instructions, you should now be seeing it in your browser tab/window, and also in your saved bookmarks.

How is everything else going with your store setup so far? Are you brand new to Shopify, or have you been on the platform for a while? 

Rick | Shopify 

M_Ahmad
Excursionist
30 0 4

Hi @Rick 

Can i use my Shopify payments account (Which i had created in Sweden) in out side of sweden even where Shopify payments are not available. Is that legal to use that account out side from Sweden where Shopify Payments not available...?please guide me about this

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

Hi @M_Ahmad 

Thanks for reaching back out.

I understand you have some more queries about using Shopify Payments accounts outside of your own country.

Generally speaking, you cannot setup and use Shopify Payments in a different region to where your store is based. There are some exceptions to his, however as explained in my last reply you would need to be able to provide a variety of verification documents and be reviewed by one of our teams to determine eligibility.

Essentially, the business must be registered in the country where you want to use Shopify Payments, and you must be able to submit business registration documents proving this. You may also have to provide proof of operations in the country where you wish to use Shopify Payments. In order to use Shopify Payments US or Sweden, your business needs to have physical operations on US/Swedish soil.

If you think you might be eligible, then I would encourage you to contact our support team using this link here, and provide them with all of the information so that they may pass your request over to our team for consideration. Depending on the outcome of that you might need to consider using a different third-party payment gateway in Pakistan.

Rick | Shopify 

M_Ahmad
Excursionist
30 0 4

Hi @Rick 

Thanks for this information.

So if I'm already using Shopify Payments account in sweden by giving all the information and proof that I'm resident of Sweden Country and selling in other country like USA and then i moved from Sweden to Pakistan for like few months do i still need to provide any other information or i can use my (already running) Shopify Payments account and My store which i was already using in Sweden...?

Please guide me about this because I don't want to terminate my Shopify account by doing something wrong...

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

@M_Ahmad 

Thanks for getting back!

In order to be able to use Shopify Payments Sweden you would need to have sufficient documents showing that you actually live permanently in Sweden, or that your business permanently operates in Sweden. It would not be possible to set up your store in Sweden, and then move it to Pakistan and continue to use the Shopify Payments Sweden gateway, as you would no longer be based in Sweden and therefore wouldn't qualify anymore.

I believe the worst case scenario in this situation is that you would simply be out of region for Shopify Payments, and would not qualify to continue using it and would need to use a different payment gateway. However, it would be best to let our team know about your situation by contacting us through this help center link. Once we receive your request, the relevant team can review your specific situation and examine the relevant documents to make sure that you are eligible.

While I can provide generalized support and advice here in the Shopify Community, for account specific situations like this it would be best to contact our support team so we can authenticate you on the store and take a closer look.

Rick | Shopify 

M_Ahmad
Excursionist
30 0 4

Thanks a lot @Rick i appreciate this helps me a lot.

M_Ahmad
Excursionist
30 0 4

Hi @Rick once again hope you doing well

so i can not use Shopify Payments in pakistan so if i connect my Shopify Payments to Payoneer {which is officially available in Pakistan} and receive payments from customers in Shopify payments and withdraw with Payoneer in Pakistan so would this work? is this legal can i use Shopify Payments with this way? please let me know...

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

Hi again @M_Ahmad 

Thank you I am doing well, I hope you are too!

I understand what you mean, however you cannot use Shopify Payments in the manner that you suggested. Shopify Payments is a standalone payment gateway, and it is not possible to connect it to any other third-party gateways such as Payoneer in order to receive payments/payouts.

As explained in my previous replies, you would need to qualify to use Shopify Payments in one of the regions where it is available, otherwise you would need to consider using a different third-party payment gateway on your store instead. 

Rick | Shopify 

M_Ahmad
Excursionist
30 0 4

Hi .@Rick

i am from Pakistan and Shopify Payments not available in Pakistan and i want to sell in USA so can i use Shopify Payments with USA address like my relatives lives In USA So can i use that address for Shopify Payments it would work?? please guide me about it very struggling.

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

Hi @M_Ahmad 

Thanks for reaching out!

That is a great question. You are correct in saying Shopify Payments is not currently available in Pakistan. In certain cases it may be possible to use Shopify Payments in another region such as the US. However, to clarify, the eligibility criteria is based on your current business information, and not dependent on the region that you wish to sell to. 

In order to be able to use Shopify Payments US, your business would need to be able to provide proof of a physical presence on US soil - this includes things like US based offices, retail locations or even rented/owned warehouse spaces. Perhaps you could provide a brief description of your physical operations in the US? 

In addition to the above, you would also need to provide proof of the following in order to begin the review process:

• Government issued photo ID. We may be able to accept non-US ID.
  • A valid IRS Tax ID in the United States (EIN if you're registered with the IRS as a business, SSN if you're registered with the IRS as an individual/sole proprietor).
  • State level business registration document.
  • Proof of your physical presence in the US (as explained above).
  • A USD checking account. Virtual banks, currency services or other specialty accounts will not work for this, it has to be a standard US bank located on US soil.

Being able to provide these documents would be the first step in a review process, and does not automatically qualify you to use Shopify Payments US. If after reading my above explanation you believe your business might qualify for using Shopify Payments US, then you can contact our support team using this link here and one of our support advisors can collect some information from you.

Is there a specific reason why you would need to use Shopify Payments, as opposed to other currently available third-party gateways in your region? Perhaps there is a specific feature or offering that you are hoping to implement on your store? 

Rick | Shopify 

M_Ahmad
Excursionist
30 0 4

This one helps me a lot thank you Rick.

M_Ahmad
Excursionist
30 0 4

Hi .@Rick

can i use USA based Shopify account and Shopify payments in Pakistan with his USA address i mean my brother lives in USA and he create Shopify account and Shopify Payments with his address so can i use his accounts in Pakistsan?? is that possible??  please guide me about this