shopify payments account on hold

Solved
kareena
5 0 0

Hi,

I set up my shopify payements account day before yesterday and once it was set up , there was a message on my homepage that my Shopify payments account is on hold. I have not received any mail from Shopify regarding any paperwork .I  was wondering when will the freeze be released so that I can start my online store as soon as possible without any payments issue.

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3210 432 740

This is an accepted solution.

@Ridaa 

It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 37 (37)
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3210 432 740

Hey, @kareena!

In most cases, the admin would display an option to upload documents to verify the business which would remove the hold once the documents have been reviewed. However, it does sound like this isn't an option for you, and suggests that you contact support for further assistance. I've gone ahead and sent you an email to verify the store. Please respond to the email with the requested information so I can help get this sent up to our Payments team. 

kareena
5 0 0

Hi Peter,

Thank you for looking into this for me.

I have replied to you with my store link on mail.

Please let me know if you any more information from my end.

Ridaa
2 0 0

Hi there,

My store also has the same issue. It was working earlier but now is saying "Your store can’t accept new orders with Shopify Payments." 

I don't have any option to upload any paperwork. Can you please assist Peter?

Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3210 432 740

@Ridaa 

I've shipped you an email!

Motohaus_ecomme
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Peter,

Maybe you can help me too... I also experienced the 'On Hold' message, and uploaded the request documents. 

We then received an update saying the uploaded image was slightly cropped in one side, and the Shopify Payment team needed another utility bill RE the proof of address.

New documents were uploaded early this week, and there has been no change to the 'On hold' status. 

Please can you look into this. We can send other documents if needed, but this ongoing silence is not very reassuring. 

This should not be a major problem as we are a very successful business that has operated for over 25 years, and we are just working toward moving our already very active website to the Shopify platform. 

Let me know.

Regards, Wayne

Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3210 432 740

@Motohaus_ecomme 

Sounds like your documents were successfully submitted. Once submitted, your documents need to be manually reviewed by our teams which can take between 24-72 business hours. There may be a delay in reviews depending on the number of reviews our teams need to do; however, as soon as the review has been completed, then the hold will be removed. Otherwise, our teams will reach out to you for further information if the documents do not provide enough information on your business. 

YuriLamore
2 0 0

Hello i have same problem account payments are on hold it showed up after i did practice order. Never received any emails about please help me out thank you 

Motohaus_ecomme
Tourist
6 0 1

@Trevor Thank you for your reply. Well, it has been a few weeks now and our new website is still stuck in the status "Your payouts from Shopify Payments are on hold while we review your account".

No email from anyone at Shopify, so I do not know what to do to solve this??? Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Wayne

Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3210 432 740

@Motohaus_ecomme @YuriLamore 

I have shipped both of you an email.

YuriLamore
2 0 0

Hello thank you for trying to help me, I've replied to an email you send me with my Shopify URL. Hopefully I did everything right let me know if there's anything else i can do to make your job easier 

dunnmel4
1 0 0

Hello,

My account has been on hold as well for a number of weeks and no communication. Any help would be appreciated!!

Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3210 432 740

@dunnmel4 

I've shipped you an email. 

masculinecandle
1 0 0

Hi @Trevor 

My account has been put on hold also. No e-mail from Shopify yet. Can you please look into this for me?

Thank you!

Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3210 432 740

@masculinecandle 

Sure thing! I have sent you an email. 

abdulbangbang
1 0 0

Hello my payouts are on hold while you guys review my account however I can’t upload anything or send an email because it won’t let me please it’s very important to sort this issue ASAP. Please email me edited 

Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3210 432 740

@abdulbangbang 

Could you clarify what you mean by "it won't let you" - Are you seeing an error when trying to upload documents, issues logging in, or something else? If you could provide more information on the issue you're having then I can help troubleshoot it! 

Bussinesshigh
1 0 0

Hi Peter Could you Possibly Look Into My case Is well i have submitted everything and Im wondering whats next because my payments are still on hold thanks

Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3210 432 740

@Bussinesshigh 

If you submitted your documents without any issues, then the documents will be reviewed in 1-3 business days. There may be delays in our general timeframe depending on how many documents our teams are reviewing, and with regional holidays. Once your documents are reviewed the hold will either be removed, or our teams will reach out to request further information. 

dedre
1 0 0

Hello, my payments on my store are on hold as well. I wanted to make sure that this is just a standard review and not an error on my part.