Solved

Shopify Payments are on hold / No email from Shopify received?

flower7
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, 

A while ago I received two notifications the home page of my store dashboard. 

1. Your Shopify Payments account is on hold
Your store can’t accept new orders with Shopify Payments.
Contact Shopify Support

2. Your payouts from Shopify Payments are on hold while we review your account
Contact Support for next steps on this standard review. This hold does not prevent your customers from checking out.
Contact Support

I went to the help section and looked up what to do if I received these notifications and it mentioned that I would have received an email from Shopify regarding the issue with more information why I might have been on hold, and that I should respond to that email in order to fix the issue and get Shopify Payments working again. I tried to check my email and spam folder and all mail but there was no email from Shopify regarding the issue. I'm not sure of how to proceed, should I try to call Shopify to address the issue or can the email I was supposed to respond to be resent somehow? Any help would be greatly appreciated. A big advertising campaign is coming up for me soon that I scheduled a while back and I'm worried customers won't be able to pay for their orders.

As a side note I remembered some people saying that if I sell dangerous items on my store that might have caused it, but I only sell dresses and accessories and stickers. I don't think it was an issue with any of my items, but I could change them if I found out what could be the problem.

Accepted Solution (1)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @flower7,

Thanks for your question! I really appreciate you taking the time to look through our resources and your openness to making any necessary updates to your account.

The short answer, as @Michal17 has shared, is you will want to contact our support team via our Help Center. From here you'll log in to your account, enter a topic into the search field, and select Get support.

While it is definitely a standard practice on our banking partners end to review each Shopify Payments account at one point or another, if you are not selling any items that are restricted by our Shopify Payments Terms of Use, it's unlikely that there will be much further delay in lifting the hold on your account. In the meantime though, do you have another active payment gateway on your store such as PayPal so that customers can continue to place orders? 

Once you contact our team, typically what we can expect is that we will add a third banner to your admin homepage inviting you to submit further verification for your account. Since it sounds like you're only seeing the two banners at this time, I can understand why those next steps were unclear! Our apologies.

If you do run into any challenges uploading any requested documentation, our team will be more than happy to assist you. Please don't hesitate to let me know if I can help in any way as well. Take care! 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hi @flower7 

Hope you're having a great day!

I'm not sure of how to proceed, should I try to call Shopify to address the issue?

Yes, you should contact Shopify Support under this web page with your store id: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/login

Live chat or email: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @flower7,

Thanks for your question! I really appreciate you taking the time to look through our resources and your openness to making any necessary updates to your account.

The short answer, as @Michal17 has shared, is you will want to contact our support team via our Help Center. From here you'll log in to your account, enter a topic into the search field, and select Get support.

While it is definitely a standard practice on our banking partners end to review each Shopify Payments account at one point or another, if you are not selling any items that are restricted by our Shopify Payments Terms of Use, it's unlikely that there will be much further delay in lifting the hold on your account. In the meantime though, do you have another active payment gateway on your store such as PayPal so that customers can continue to place orders? 

Once you contact our team, typically what we can expect is that we will add a third banner to your admin homepage inviting you to submit further verification for your account. Since it sounds like you're only seeing the two banners at this time, I can understand why those next steps were unclear! Our apologies.

If you do run into any challenges uploading any requested documentation, our team will be more than happy to assist you. Please don't hesitate to let me know if I can help in any way as well. Take care! 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog