Shopify Payments Declining with my card on test mode??

AntiEverybody
Excursionist
31 0 10

Im on test mode trying to buy a product and when I try to use my credit card that does work it says it declined when it shouldn't have???

Replies 3 (3)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

Hey, @AntiEverybody!

When testing Shopify Payments, you'll need to use specific credit details to simulate different kinds of transactions, therefore your personal credit card details won't work. You can find the credit card details for testing below and you can use them to create test orders.

Simulate successful transactions

Name on card: Enter at least two words.
Expiry date: Enter any date in the future.
Security code: Enter any three digits.
Card number: Use any of the following numbers:

Card type
Test credit number
Visa 4242424242424242
Mastercard 5555555555554444
American Express 378282246310005
Discover 6011111111111117
Diners Club 30569309025904
JCB 3530111333300000

Simulate failed transactions

• Use credit card number 4000000000000002 to generate a card declined message.
  • Use credit card number 4242424242424241 to generate an incorrect number message.
  • Use credit card number 4000000000000259 to simulate a disputed transaction.
  • Use an invalid expiry month, for example, 13, to generate an invalid expiry month message.
  • Use an expiry year in the past to generate an invalid expiry year message.
  • Use a two-digit security code number to generate an invalid security code message.

When you're done testing Shopify Payments don't forget to disable the test mode by unchecking Enable test mode in your Shopify Payments settings so you can transact real orders and take payments.

Are you about to launch your store? Before you do or while you work towards your launch, consider referring to our launch checklist. Using the checklist as a guide is an effective way to ensure you don't forget to set up any crucial elements that are needed on your website for a successful opening day. The checklist doesn't only help you go over your store setup, but it also ensures you have a marketing plan in place in order for you to make sales in no time. If you would like to see it, you can access the checklist on this page.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AlexPearce
Shopify Partner
6 0 3

We were looking for a card number we could use on an existing subscription order, going through Recharge, that would cause a declined card when Recharge process the order.

musicplayeralan
Visitor
1 0 0

Still does not work, very frustrating. It keeps saying that it cannot load the card. I have tried every one of the numbers