Solved

Shopify payments for US none citizen

Arif3
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello. I am a citizen of Bangladesh. But I have a registered business in the USA (LLC),EIN number, business office and all documents of my company.

now my question is can I use shopify payments through my LLC.

Thanks ....

Accepted Solution (1)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Arif3

June here from Shopify - thanks for your question!

As you've said, while Shopify Payments is currently only supported in a select number of countries, if you are able to meet certain eligibility requirements, you may still be able to use a Shopify Payments USA account. To do so, we would need you to provide evidence which may include:

• A government issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc. - including non-US ID).
  • A Tax ID in the United States (in your case an EIN if the business is an LLC).
  • A business registration document (registered in the US with the government).
  • Proof that the business is operating in the US (this can include tracking information or proof of a physical US address).
  • A USD checking account, opened with a US banking institution, located in the US (virtual banks and currency services will not apply).

Since it sounds like you may be able to meet all of these requirements, I would encourage you to connect with our support team via our Help Center - just log in to your account and choose from our available contact options. From there, our team will be able to assist you with next steps.

Note: Please do not share any of these sensitive documents here.

Beyond Shopify Payments, you can find a full list of payment providers currently supported in Bangladesh here.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Arif3

June here from Shopify - thanks for your question!

As you've said, while Shopify Payments is currently only supported in a select number of countries, if you are able to meet certain eligibility requirements, you may still be able to use a Shopify Payments USA account. To do so, we would need you to provide evidence which may include:

• A government issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc. - including non-US ID).
  • A Tax ID in the United States (in your case an EIN if the business is an LLC).
  • A business registration document (registered in the US with the government).
  • Proof that the business is operating in the US (this can include tracking information or proof of a physical US address).
  • A USD checking account, opened with a US banking institution, located in the US (virtual banks and currency services will not apply).

Since it sounds like you may be able to meet all of these requirements, I would encourage you to connect with our support team via our Help Center - just log in to your account and choose from our available contact options. From there, our team will be able to assist you with next steps.

Note: Please do not share any of these sensitive documents here.

Beyond Shopify Payments, you can find a full list of payment providers currently supported in Bangladesh here.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog