Shopify Payments not waving $0.30 fee

JAC1
5 0 0

Hello! I'm having trouble with Shopify Payments. I'm new to Shopify and everywhere I'm reading it says if you use Shopify Payments it will wave the $0.30 transaction fee but not the percentage fee. I am using Shopify Payments and realized after an order today that it is saying it won't wave that fee. I was wondering if I'm not reaching a requirement or if there is something else I'm missing.

Reply 1 (1)

Ivy
Shopify Staff
1033 82 129

Hi @JAC1!

Ivy here from Shopify.

You are correct in saying that any payments on your store made using Shopify Payments as your gateway have no transaction fees associated with them. Any transactions made outside of the Shopify Payments gateway will have a transaction fee of 2.0% if on the Shopify Basic plan. All payments made via Shopify will always have a credit card fee applied - this is a fee applied by the processing bank. The credit card fee for our Shopify basic plan for example is 2.9% + 30¢ USD - this is completely separate to the transaction fee mentioned before. You can read about our charges, fees, plans and features in detail here

For this payment in particular you are referring to - can you tell if this fee applied is a transaction fee, or a credit card fee? Do you know which payment gateway has been used to process the payment? 

Thanks, Ivy. 

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify

Out Of Office

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog