Shopify Payments Question

Solved
codyne
1 0 0

Hi,

Does shopify payments require my corporate bank account to be in the same country as where the business is registered?

Example: If my company is registered in Hong Kong, does that mean that i need to have a Hong Kong bank account in order to use shopify payments to receive payments?

Are there any other alternatives? or is this the case with paypal, stripe and other third party payment providers?

0 Likes
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
347 55 56

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @codyne,

Welcome to the Shopify Community! I'll be happy to help you out with this.

To use Shopify Payments you need to be based in a supported country (your store address and IP address must reflect this), use a supported currency, and have a bank account in the same country that you are based in. You can read more in our Terms of Service below:

If you were looking for an alternative solution, there are a number of other payment gateways merchants in Hong Kong can use to process transactions. You would need to check with each provider directly for bank account requirements:

It sounds like you're in the beginning stages of your Shopify account as well! How is everything coming along? We do have our handy checklist if you're looking for any next steps you'd like to take. We also have our incredible hub of information to help you grow your business at Shopify Learn.

I hope you're having a great day!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog