Shopify Payments question?

intolines
5 0 0

Hello, I have a Spanish tax ID, Spanish Bank account, and papers that prove my location there, but I'm currently in Jordan for a long period of time. I want to set up my store selling digital products only, and I was wondering if I can (considering the information provided) use Shopify Payments? Would using my store from Jordanian IP be a problem?

Reply 1 (1)
Hilary
Community Moderator
525 75 99

Hi, @intolines 

Thanks for the question. I understand wanting to gain some further understanding here. To be eligible for Shopify Payments, your business must be based out of one of the supported countries or regions, as well it must not be considered one of the prohibited businesses

We will require supporting documents to prove your business' eligibility. For each country the required documents differ. Examples of documents that may be required to prove your businesses eligibility for Spain are personal numbers (e.g. DNI or NIE), identity documents (e.g. passport), address documents (e.g. utility bill), Company / Entity documents (e.g. VAT registration, company registration certificate). 

I'd recommend reviewing our Shopify Payments requirements, as well as the Shopify Payments Terms of Service for Spain in full. Point 3 in the Terms of Service is "To utilize the Services, you must be a business located in Spain."

Let me know if you have any further questions! 

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog