Shopify Payments soon launching in Norway

PerArne
Tourist
19 0 2

Hi. Any news about when Shopify Payments will be launched in Norway? We have been waiting for a really long time now...

And we need SP to be able to join Shopify Market, isn't that right?

Thanks...

Nia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
72 8 10

Hi, @!

Thanks for reaching out about this!

Shopify Payments is yet to be released in Norway and we thank you for your patience with this! While we don't have a specific timeline for the release yet, you can definitely keep an eye on our announcement page where we post any new updates or developments. We do have third-party gateways that are available in Norway and you can find the full list here.

Are you able to advise me of which gateway you're currently using ? Are there any particular features that you would prefer to have by switching over to Shopify Payments?

You've also mentioned the use of Shopify Payments in the new released Shopify Markets. There will be certain features of Shopify Markets that will require the accessibility to Shopify Payments however this feature will still be available to all merchants globally. Shopify Markets will have amazing features available such as :

• Translating your store in up to 20 languages.
  • Setting up country-specific domains from a single store to optimize your international SEO and ensure that buyers land on the right version of your website.
  • Automatic calculation of import fees at checkout

Here is a great link for more information on Shopify Markets.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
PerArne
Tourist
19 0 2

Yes, Shopify Markets and going big international is the main reason why we are waiting for Shopify Payments. Right now we have severals of gateways for the Norwegian market, but for our international customers we are using a 3party checkout called TeleCheckout. With TeleCheckout the local currency is displayed, but we offer only Stripe and Paypal with that checkout.

Shopify Payments will change our whole business...

We are really waiting for more information about when it will be launched in Norway....

0 Likes
Nia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
72 8 10

Hi, @!

Thank you for your response!

Shopify Payments is definitely a feature that would be beneficial for your business so we appreciate your patience with us. While we don't have an exact release date for this, we can only provide you with the resources to stay updated on this in the present time. I had included a link to our Shopify News and Announcements section above, I would also like to provide you with our Shopify Changelog that you can check daily for a timeline based update on initiatives rolled out by Shopify.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
SimonLofnes
1 0 0

Hei Per,

Vi har samme problem! Kan du sende meg en mail på simon@medzys.com så kan vi dele løsninger?

Mvh
Simon Lofnes, Medzys

0 Likes
Bax
1 0 0

What are the certain features that will still require Shopify Payments? Since you don't allow the sales of food supplements, we lost the functionality of offering different price lists to different markets. Will we be able to do this with Shopify Markets even though we were kicked out of Shopify Payments?

0 Likes