Shopify Payments soon launching in Norway

PerArne
Excursionist
31 0 21

Hi. Any news about when Shopify Payments will be launched in Norway? We have been waiting for a really long time now... 😵💫

And we need SP to be able to join Shopify Market, isn't that right?

Thanks...

Replies 37 (37)

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

Hi, @!

Thanks for reaching out about this!

Shopify Payments is yet to be released in Norway and we thank you for your patience with this! While we don't have a specific timeline for the release yet, you can definitely keep an eye on our announcement page where we post any new updates or developments. We do have third-party gateways that are available in Norway and you can find the full list here.

Are you able to advise me of which gateway you're currently using ? Are there any particular features that you would prefer to have by switching over to Shopify Payments?

You've also mentioned the use of Shopify Payments in the new released Shopify Markets. There will be certain features of Shopify Markets that will require the accessibility to Shopify Payments however this feature will still be available to all merchants globally. Shopify Markets will have amazing features available such as :

• Translating your store in up to 20 languages.
  • Setting up country-specific domains from a single store to optimize your international SEO and ensure that buyers land on the right version of your website.
  • Automatic calculation of import fees at checkout

Here is a great link for more information on Shopify Markets.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PerArne
Excursionist
31 0 21

Yes, Shopify Markets and going big international is the main reason why we are waiting for Shopify Payments. Right now we have severals of gateways for the Norwegian market, but for our international customers we are using a 3party checkout called TeleCheckout. With TeleCheckout the local currency is displayed, but we offer only Stripe and Paypal with that checkout.

Shopify Payments will change our whole business...

We are really waiting for more information about when it will be launched in Norway.... 😬

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

Hi, @!

Thank you for your response!

Shopify Payments is definitely a feature that would be beneficial for your business so we appreciate your patience with us. While we don't have an exact release date for this, we can only provide you with the resources to stay updated on this in the present time. I had included a link to our Shopify News and Announcements section above, I would also like to provide you with our Shopify Changelog that you can check daily for a timeline based update on initiatives rolled out by Shopify.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

delladunn
Tourist
5 0 11

I agree with all these comments. I am getting REALLY frustrated with how much we contribute to Shopify and your services, yet our business suffers! We are at the verge of opening a 2nd store solely for the US market, which will mean double work for us. Double sites, double SoMe accounts! 😫 As a business, we want a universal tone on ALL our channels, not separate per country. Shopify Payment is stopping us from this and this option should be global. What is the hold-up!?

Yours truly, A VERY FED UP CUSTOMER!

DaisyWarmFolk
Shopify Partner
11 0 12

And Shopify gets double your business, so it’s not much incentive for them to accommodate your request. But I feel your frustration. I started my Shopify site in the US before moving to Norway. I wish I had left it in the US but I didn’t want to risk breaking laws by operating in the US while residing in Norway (and I’m a very small business). I hope more people request this feature so Shopify prioritizes this in Norway!

—-
Hassan35
Visitor
1 0 4

We’ve been waiting for a long time now. You guys have made it available in Denmark and Sweden but for some reason taking ages to make it available here.

DaisyWarmFolk
Shopify Partner
11 0 12

My assumption is that status in the EU has sped things up for Denmark and Sweden. I haven’t checked recently to see if it’s available in Switzerland yet.

—-
SimonLofnes
Tourist
4 0 2

Hei Per,

Vi har samme problem! Kan du sende meg en mail på simon@medzys.com så kan vi dele løsninger?

Mvh
Simon Lofnes, Medzys

Bax
Visitor
1 0 1

What are the certain features that will still require Shopify Payments? Since you don't allow the sales of food supplements, we lost the functionality of offering different price lists to different markets. Will we be able to do this with Shopify Markets even though we were kicked out of Shopify Payments?

macrorain
Visitor
1 0 2

I'm eagerly anticipating this to be able to define prices for my products in multiple currencies (for instance NOK for my local market and USD for the rest of the world). Any news on availability for this?

MBorch
Visitor
1 0 2

Hi Nia, any news or updates regarding Shopify payments in Norway. Im considering to leave the Shopify platform and transfer to WooCommerce for this very reason, but would be very disappointed if I did so and Shopify Payments finally made it to Norway... Please enlighten me 🙂 Thank you! 

delladunn
Tourist
5 0 11

Yes @Nia , when is Shopify Payment coming to Norway? We can no longer wait or continue to lose sales due to this issue. We will be moving to WooCommerce if Shopify cannot make our demands. It is clear from this thread that there is a demand. 

upandaway
Shopify Partner
7 0 5

Hi! Eagerly awaiting multi currency checkout! As far as I understand we pay the same fees in Norway as in Sweden, but (for my needs) a far inferior product. Any news on Shopify Payments in Norway? 

DaisyWarmFolk
Shopify Partner
11 0 12

They shouldn't charge the same if we aren't going to get the same features. 

—-
Paals
Visitor
1 0 3

Is it possible to know more about why this is not available in Norway? We are really struggling with a lot of manual labor, and are losing potential sales outside Norway. Please fix this issue.

akscai
Excursionist
14 1 8

Are you any closer to a release date in Norway?

upandaway
Shopify Partner
7 0 5

Just a "What if", here: 

If a Norwegian company starts a daughter company in Sweden (we have EU/Schengen and can do that, no worries, it's called a "SUF"), with Swedish address and bank, would there be any reason why we shouldn't be able to use Shopify Payments, also in selling to Norway? 

delladunn
Tourist
5 0 11

Curious, how did this come along for you? I am an American / Norwegian citizen and thinking of establishing a sister company in the US for this reason. Would like to know how this worked out for you or not. 

bardbasberg
Visitor
2 0 2

Any news on this Shopify? You have been holding us Norwegians on pinebenken for a long time now! 

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

Hi, @!

We don't have a specific time frame on this, however do keep an eye out on our Shopify Changelog for any updates or releases on the platform!

DaisyWarmFolk
Shopify Partner
11 0 12

Here's another request for Shopify Payments in Norway. I'm losing sales by not being able to present prices in USD. or Euros, and I expect that for the cost of my Shopify plan, I'd like to be able to utilize Shopify payments and not some third party plug in. 

—-
KaareG
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

Hi Nia,

Any news on this? We're working on setting up our businiess now and having shopify payments would be a huge benefit.

ohus
Visitor
2 0 3

+1 on needing this!

DaisyWarmFolk
Shopify Partner
11 0 12

Can you share some of the reasons that this is not being implemented? It would be nice to know what challenges get in the way of having shopify payments in Norway. 

—-
delladunn
Tourist
5 0 11

Can we please get some answers? When is Shopify Payment coming to Norway and/or what is the explanation why it's not? I am tired of losing money on int'l D2C sales because we cannot exchange into our customers local currency. Why is Shopify support ignoring our messages and demands? 

askertennis
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi Nia, 

Do you know anything more now about shopify payments in Norway. It's two years since you said that you were working on it. We have been waiting for many years now and all our neighbours have shopify payments. Denmark, Sweden and even Finland! Can you please give us an release date soon. We need an date we can look up to. 

Thanks!

MrNorway
Visitor
2 0 2
They will never release shopify payments, amazon or similar in norway
because of an internal lobby within the country don't want.
askertennis
Visitor
2 0 1

What should we do then?

DaisyWarmFolk
Shopify Partner
11 0 12

Can we have another update on this?

My concern is that I'd like to grow my business and offer higher value items, but the fees for *not* using shopify payments are a problem. So I'm paying credit card fees AND shopify fees of 2%. That is not an insignificant portion of the transaction. You list Shopify Payments as though it's the default and those businesses that opt out are penalized by transaction fees. But we don't have the opportunity to opt in. 

From the main page explaining pricing:

• Are there any transaction fees?

There are no transaction fees for stores using Shopify Payments.

If you choose a third-party payment provider, there will be additional fees of 2%, 1% or 0.5% for our Basic Shopify, Shopify, and Advanced Shopify plans, respectively.

—-
hamarsen
Excursionist
23 0 5

Would also like to bump this request. Having multi-currency support in for Norwegian shopify accounts would be super valuable.

JourneyAgency
Shopify Partner
2 0 8

Just an update here: We understand that it was on the product roadmap at one point, but understand now that this is something we should continue to operate and plan to continue without. Feel free to reach out to us for any help you need cross-boarder selling!

We help you with Digital Marketing, Brand Management, UX and Development.
We believe in developing tight, personal relationships with our clients, optimising their adspend and audience reach through a data-driven methodology.

We were established in 2013. Today, we are 50+ employees with offices both in downtown Stockholm and Oslo.
MrNorway
Visitor
2 0 2

Extremely sad that big companies are not coming to Norway, Shopify Payments is in Sweden but not in Norway, and Amazon is in Sweden but not In Norway, we are missing so much money making opportunities here. 

SondreBerg
Visitor
1 0 3

+1 in this. I am probably spending more on plugins (enabling what we would get if shopify payments was available) then I am spending in the shopify subscription 

Cezcez
Visitor
1 0 0

What plugins do you use? I am trying to add Klarna and such through Stripe, but it is a pain, since it must be done via API. Shopify payments would have this automatically with no API code work needed.

hamarsen
Excursionist
23 0 5

Would also like to bump this request. Having multi-currency support in for Norwegian shopify accounts would be super valuable.

ohus
Visitor
2 0 3

Bump again. Please follow up @Nia or others at Shopify!

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

Hi, @!

We appreciate that Shopify Payments is highly requested in Norway and while our development team continue to look into this, I do not have any further updates regarding this. But please rest assured, we will make any announcements regarding this here