Shopify Payments Stole £6000 from me

Anastasiya_Slun
4 0 0

Just had to cancel shopify payments

as regardless of my good rating and growing success, Shopify payments without ANY WARNING said they are increasing the time frame of my payouts, after they were paid to me. £6000 for an order for my top repeat customer that already was fulfilled, they suddenly took and they are not gonna pay it back to me, as it is not scheduled not pending. £6000 just gone!

Now i only get money in 30 days which makes my business impossible. What kind of client is going to wait 30 days until I get paid and send them products?

great, instead of helping to grow business you want us to close and steal my money!!!

Replies 7 (7)
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
3387 219 646

Stolen indicates a crime, prove it or put your business at risk to face libel. Dial back the hyperbole.

What kind of client is going to wait 30 days until I get paid and send them products

The kind willing to shell out for high end service with lead time or a pre-existing billable account.

Getting upset because a businesses risk management requires cash on hand from the customer is not of concern to shopify-payments.

Is it reasonable to ask a third party* to take on risk that you yourself wont?

Clarity shopify-payments is a processor for accountless merchant accounts not a credit company

Are your customers paying such that the business cash flow cannot keep ahead of that curve? There's either missing information or this is great news!

great, instead of helping to grow business you want us to close and steal my money!!!

These are forums low interaction with shopify. Support is at this email support@shopify.com

You need to

1. Donate a dollar to a charity in my name , because no one acts on free advice.
  2. Review your credit handling and processor choices.
  3. talk an accountant
  4. talk to bank about extending credit
  5. talk to a lawyer about professionalism, accusations and business risk.
  6. Pay 2-4 to have them handle such issues
  7. get a consultant(or business/office mgr) on tap to fix how you approach these issues
  8. Calm down.
  9. After you've done 3-6 reread your title&post edit them and never ever forget the lesson.

*edit: added links 

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
Anastasiya_Slun
4 0 0

For the stolen money: 

i am not able to describe it with another word. 

Order placed 06.04.2015

order fulfilled! As normal I expected to get the money in 7 days

Scheduled for payout 13.04.2015 

payout is not done! Customer support can not give a reasonable reply 

Today is 27.04.2015

it is not scheduled for payout, support doesn't give any information. 

How is this called?

later another 8 customers placed their orders, and now there is no single one who wants to wait for 30 days until I start fulfilling their orders. They all want to cancel. So I just lost business 

thanks to shopify who I trusted to be my partner and supporter in growth

Anastasiya_Slun
4 0 0

Regarding the risks, I take them, as I know most of my clients in person! 

If they are new client I would do dozens of checks. 

By the way your support was unreasonable too, when they wanted me to cancel some orders of my repeat customers. I cancelled them and I got paid through PayPal directly and you lost your commission.  I Don't think it is reasonable to try and shut down business for the small but reliable businesses with excellent record like me. Why are you doing this?

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
3387 219 646

....Today is 27.04.2015 it is not scheduled for payout, support doesn't give any information. 

How is this called?

A delay or a crack in shopifys account resolution process, and you should request an escalation(make phone calls)

...another 8 customers placed...orders,... no single one ..wants to wait for 30 days until I start fulfilling their orders.

Either fill thier orders and assume the risk or find another way serve your customers.

They all want to cancel. So I just lost business 

'want to cancel' and 'have canceled' are not equal, i'm not saying be optimisitic i'm saying have a plan and your wording implies you still have thier grace pursue that.

thanks to shopify who I trusted to be my partner and supporter in growth

There seems to be a series of events here or background that's given you the wrong impression of the businesses relationship with shopify as a business. Shopify is a service platform for business(ecomm) to grow on with a burgeoning ecosystem of similar players; having expectations beyond what is in writing however is unreasonable. Business's mess up and that in no way should undermine the totality of 'trust' you've associated to them as a sentiment. As for growth your taking orders you can't handle /clap.

They have support systems use them; going outside to vent is cool, i get it, though do not let frustration dictate the view of what needs to happen or color the actions needed to keep a business running regardless of what 3rd party business does.

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
3387 219 646

Regarding the risks, I take them, as I know most of my clients in person!  

Then fulfill those cancelled orders and wait for a resoltion , I am in no way proposing being only business cynical but apply some disppassion to the back office systems of the business as the chores they are and save the passion for the customers.

Watch some vids to get in the right mindset [Glen Garry(super cynical)] [Mike Monterio] . Take a walk, jog it off something so that this here does not become to response when business matters do not go your way.

By the way your support was unreasonable too, when they wanted me to cancel some orders of my repeat customers. I cancelled them and I got paid through PayPal directly and you lost your commission.  I Don't think it is reasonable to try and shut down business for the small but reliable businesses with excellent record like me. Why are you doing this?

I do not work for shopify and should not have to clarify that, what is going on here? 

amethystuesday
Tourist
10 0 6

@PaulNewtonYou do realize that we are Shopify customers, don't you? You are extremely rude and unprofessional. Shopify has closed all points of contact to them so there is nothing else we can do other that come to this dumb community forum desperate for help when problems arise within your services. I think you tried to scare this person @Anastasiya_Slun who seemed very taken advantage of with no way to contact shopify help or support because they literally loop it around back to help center. email does not work either...This platform is terrible and you have no right to threaten anyone after they came on to this forum in order to resolve an issue that was cause by your system. I hope you were fired from this job but if you still work there I hope you have learned to treat your customers with more respect.

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
3387 219 646

@amethystuesday wrote:

@PaulNewtonYou do realize that we are Shopify customers, don't you? 

I do not work for shopify I've even already clarified that in this thread which tells me you chose to blindly react to this thread instead of considering the guidance.

Most merchants on the forums are new entrepreneurs that easily overreact to common business problems and need real effective advice.

In a situation like posters when shopify isn't responding to them , and the forums weren't going to be useful for them

The only things left that can be useful is clear talk and lawyers.

with no way to contact shopify help or support 

I specifically gave them info to contact support during that timeframe.

Getting mad at me because of your specific experience doesn't move your situation forward.

Reread the advice I gave and extract the useful parts that may apply to your situation.