Which documents are required for Shopify payment verification?

saadk481
Visitor
1 0 1

hi, I,m new to shopify recently add shopify payments on my store but it asks for verification.

now question is shopify is on my name saad khan and the bank account i entered is on my friend name so what document should i provide mine or my friend ?

if my friend document is provided i have his passport and also able to get bill but there is another name on utility bill because he dose not own a house 

Reply 1 (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

Hi, @saadk481

It is possible to have someone else listed on the Shopify Payments account while you are the account owner; however, that does mean they take full responsibility for any issues that may arise with the account.

If the Shopify Payments account is listed under their name, then the documents provided will need to be under their name. If they are not able to provide the required documents, then you may not be able to use Shopify Payments. You can choose to list Shopify Payment under your name. To do that, you will need to reach out to our Support so our teams can escalate your request to our Shopify Payments team. 

Either route, once the documents are provided then that will begin the review process. Reviews typically take up to 3 business days. Once the review is done, our teams will either request further information or remove the hold if they can verify your business. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog