Solved

Can I reactivate Shopify payments after relocating to Canada?

AdamSalem
Visitor
2 0 0

I set up Shopify payments in the US however I recently relocated to Canada.  I deactivated Shopify payments from the US and when I come to reactivate it after changing my location I receive an error message

Could not activate Shopify Payments

• Name has already been taken
  • you must disable Shopify Payments to use this provider

How do I fix this?

Accepted Solution (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

This is an accepted solution.

@AdamSalem 

Great question! When changing Shopify Payments accounts, you will require the assistance of our Support team to ensure the change between regions is successfully done. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

This is an accepted solution.

@AdamSalem 

Great question! When changing Shopify Payments accounts, you will require the assistance of our Support team to ensure the change between regions is successfully done. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

LewisLink
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi I'm also having the same difficulties! still can't figure out how to do this! please help!

tota
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

I contacted the payment department team in Shopify once I get an answer, I will share with you. 

Bergevin
Visitor
1 0 0

I've been going in circles trying to resolve why I can't set up Shopify payments. The link you included in your last post to submit a support request just takes me back to the general support page. How does one get help from Shopify to set up their payments?

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@Bergevin 

You can contact support by logging into your store through the help center (https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V), searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results. 

The key component is the manual search. It is required that you type your question/issue. Then select the button at the bottom. Do not select any of the search results. 

You may need to clear cache or try Google Incognito if the above does not work. 

M_Ahmad
Excursionist
30 0 4

Hi Trevor

i am from Pakistan please guide me about Payoneer checkout how can i use Payoneer Checkout for shopify...can i directly connect payoneer to my shopify store?

i was researching about this but didnt get answer so far...

lizz3
Visitor
1 0 0

hi, I have the same problem as you, do you solve it and reactivate the shopify payment successful?

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@lizz3 

Contacting Shopify Support via the steps above will be the best step you can take if you're experiencing the same issue.