Shopify Shipping Not Adding Tracking Numbers

Amanda_Hatten
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi,

Not sure if I'm missing something, as I'm still pretty new to shipping. I've searched threads, forums, and all over Shopify and I cannot find where to see or add tracking numbers for fulfilled orders. I read the article Shopify provides for how to add tracking numbers after the order is fulfilled - which I shouldn't have to do. To my understanding, using Shopify Shipping was supposed to automatically add tracking numbers for me. Anyways, this article states to add the tracking number in the "fulfilled" section, but there is no option or box to add a tracking number to.Screenshot-(29).jpg

The only thing I can find is More Actions > View Order Status Page that was sent to the customer.

Screenshot-(30).jpg

Do my customers really have to download an app just to be able to see where their package is? Is there really no way for me to have access to their tracking number so I can see the status of their order? How do I know they are even getting a tracking number if I can't see it?

Thank you,

Amanda

Replies 5 (5)

Not applicable

Hey Amanda, just to be clear this is what you are supposed to see:Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 6.05.28 PM.png

Can you add a .xml to your order page's URL (i.e "/admin/orders/36913032721312.xml"), use CTRL-F, search for "tracking", and let me know what you see? There should be a field similar to "<tracking-numbers type="array"/>"

Amanda_Hatten
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Alyssa,

These are what came up with the ctrl F search:

<tracking-company>USPS</tracking-company>
<tracking-number nil="true"/>
<tracking-numbers type="array"/>
<tracking-url nil="true"/>
<tracking-urls type="array"/>
Not applicable

Hey Amanda, it looks like you already bought the Shopify Shipping Label? In this case, you can choose 'void label' if you wish, and the cost of the label will be returned to your account (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shipping/shopify-shipping/shipping-labels/changing-and-voiding-la...).

After that, you can choose to manually ship the order and the 'add tracking number' button should appear.

If you still wish to use the Shopify Shipping label you have purchased, you can ship the package as usual. The tracking number will be added to the order automatically.

Let me know what you choose!

Amanda_Hatten
Visitor
3 0 0

Yes, I have already purchased the label with Shopify Shipping and would like to continue to use Shopify Shipping. But where do I find the tracking number if it added it automatically? I can't find this info anywhere - so I assumed there wasn't one. A customer is asking and I can't provide him with one.

Thank you!

georgiepeters24
13 0 0

What carrier did you use to ship the product?

If the tracking number did not automatically add, I would suspect that there was an error from the carrier. 

Happy to help if you have specific questions!