Why am I still billed for my inactive Shopify subscription?

LYOUAJ1
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, my Shopify store is inactive I stoped it but the fees are still precomputed on my Paypal could you help me with that guys.

Replies 2 (2)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 464

Consider sending an email to merchant support, they can look into the account.
Contact page link: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/

If the link keeps redirecting to the home page, try opening the link in Chrome Incognito mode.

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

Emily
Shopify Staff
1309 101 189

Hey, @LYOUAJ1!

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and thank you @Nick_Marketing for your help!

Just to clarify, are the fees in your PayPal account showing as a Shopify subscription charge? If so, Please login to your account and close your store. You can close your store by following the steps below, which are covered in greater detail in the Pausing or closing your store article in the Shopify Help Center. 

1. Log in as the store owner.
  2. In your admin click on Settings.
  3. Click Plan.
  4. Click Cancel subscription, it will be highlighted in red. 
  5. Then click Cancel subscription and close store.

If you are able to log into your account and close your store your PayPal account will not be charged for your Shopify subscription going forward. However, if the above steps do not help, the next step to take would be to reach out to our Support Team. We will need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request. 

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Emily | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog