sole proprietorship business registration

sole proprietorship business registration

Sp3LLingzz
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,

I hope someone can help me on this regard. Im living in singapore and trying to start a dropshipping business as sole proprietorship model. I have used my legal name as my business name which qualifies me as a sole proprietorship. I do not have a business registration. But I cannot enable shopify payments unless i have a registration. How can I solve this? any help would be helpful.

Replies 3 (3)

Maz
Shopify Staff
1247 131 186

Hey, @Sp3LLingzz!

Thank you for your post, and I'm excited to hear about your new business venture!

The verification documents to satisfy requests for Shopify Payments Singapore accounts are as follows:

Identity Documents

• National Identity Card — Photos of front and back are required (Preferred, since it contains the NRIC/FIN number, which may be required at a later date).
  • If the National Identity Card is not available, we may be able to accept one of the following instead:
    - Passport
    - Driver license — Photos of front and back are required
    - Singapore Work Permit or Pass
    - Singapore Armed Forces Card
    - Singapore National Service Identity Card

Company/Entity Documents

If the Certificate of Registration of Entity is not available, we may also be able to accept one of the following:

- Registration of Business Name
- Registration of Limited Liability Partnership
- Registration of Limited Partnership
- Registration of Foreign Company

Please try to submit each of these and if none of the above work - reach out to support here at this link to see if there is something they can do with our Shopify Payments team for you!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Sp3LLingzz
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks for your reply.

the link you provided does not go to direct support contact. please let me know how?

I'm trying to use the sole proprietor method where I use my legal name for business registration which is allowed in singapore. there is no method that accepts this. Please let me know how I can contact support to fix this. I have ended my trial because of this as I dont see a reason to use shopify if this is the case.

Maz
Shopify Staff
1247 131 186

You are very welcome, @Sp3LLingzz!

The link is correct, you can access it here. 

You will find a virtual chat box on the right-hand side of the screen. Enter your query there and follow the prompts provided to access live support. Please refer to the screenshot below for reference;

Let me know if you need any additional help with this!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog