Sort code Completing banking infomartion

EtFedx
Visitor
3 0 0

Morning ,is the Sort code compulsory for anyone when completing the banking inforation or its not (my bank account aint registered in the UK 

Replies 4 (4)

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

Hi there @EtFedx!

If you can confirm a couple of points of information here, we should be able to get you some more info on this query!

Firstly, which payment gateway are you setting up here, and where is your store based (the store address in your settings menu would determine this)?

If you're setting up Shopify Payments, there's more general info here on our help site you can check out.

Should you be setting up any other payment gateway, let me know which one it is and where your store is based so we can check on how you can get support for this.

Would you be setting up a store here, to begin with, or have you been selling already for a while?

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

EtFedx
Visitor
3 0 0

For a payment gateway i chose the standard one offered by shopify (Visa ,Mastercard ,shop pay,google pay ,apple pay )

My store is primarily based in the UK (london)

i am considering setting up a shop ,but seemingly to provide a bank account is becoming a big issue 

EtFedx_0-1650964808608.png

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

Hi again @EtFedx!

Thanks for getting back to me here with that info.

In order to use Shopify Payments in the UK, you would need to have a current account in a bank based in the UK in order to apply.

You mentioned your bank was not with a UK-based bank, so I'd recommend using or acquiring one of those in order to proceed.

There are other payment gateways available for use in the UK, though most will have some requirements in place in terms of the type of bank account and location of the bank they can support.

Are you setting up a store for the first time for a new business here?

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

EtFedx
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello anyone,help?