Store I ordered from is no longer listed? Fraud suspected

beeman5
Visitor
1 0 0

I placed an order from Squid Merch Shop on 2 Oct 2021. I was checking the status of my order on the site, yet the site is no longer listed and shows a Shopify login page.

I've already inquired with the merchant to check the status of my order with no response.

Please let me know what the next step is to find out how to get my order or obtain a refund as this seems like a fraudulent merchant. 

Thank you,

-J

Reply 1 (1)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

Hello @beeman5!

Sorry to hear that you have had this experience.
To give some context, Shopify is a platform where merchants can come to create and host their online stores, but we don't have any control over said stores or their orders. In your situation, I know it has already been a couple of weeks since you ordered - we typically advise that you wait at least 3-4 weeks after placing the order before contacting your bank to enquire about getting those funds back.

I understand that you have also tried contacting the merchant already, which was the correct step - but they were not responsive. While I cannot reveal whether a store is with us or not due to privacy reason, we can investigate this for you anyway if you suspect fraudulent activity. To report the store with us, please visit this link here. Your feedback on this is most helpful as it guides us to quickly investigate a store and take action where appropriate.

I appreciate your patience and all of the details here. -Lana  

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog