Solved

Can any Shopify staff account open a lost shipping claim?

WebEarp
8 0 0

Can any staff account on the Shopify account open a lost shipping claim, or does it have to be the account owner? 

Accepted Solution (1)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @WebEarp

Rae from Shopify here. Thanks for reaching out and posting this question! 

Any staff member with order permissions, as well as the account owner, can open a lost shipping claim through Shopify for DHL and UPS shipments. 

However, if the order in question was shipped through Canada Post or USPS, these carriers handle all of their claims directly on their end via their own websites. With this in mind, if you need to file a Canada Post claim, you can do so here. Equally, you can file a USPS claim here

When you're ready to file your DHL or UPS claim, please contact our Support team via our Help Center. That way, our team can discuss this claim with you further via email, live chat, or through a callback, and help ensure your claim is handled on our end. 

Since this information should help resolve your question, I've marked my reply as the solution to this thread. This will help other Community users who also need to file a shipping claim, as it outlines the exact steps to follow to get their claim filed, too. 

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @WebEarp

Rae from Shopify here. Thanks for reaching out and posting this question! 

Any staff member with order permissions, as well as the account owner, can open a lost shipping claim through Shopify for DHL and UPS shipments. 

However, if the order in question was shipped through Canada Post or USPS, these carriers handle all of their claims directly on their end via their own websites. With this in mind, if you need to file a Canada Post claim, you can do so here. Equally, you can file a USPS claim here

When you're ready to file your DHL or UPS claim, please contact our Support team via our Help Center. That way, our team can discuss this claim with you further via email, live chat, or through a callback, and help ensure your claim is handled on our end. 

Since this information should help resolve your question, I've marked my reply as the solution to this thread. This will help other Community users who also need to file a shipping claim, as it outlines the exact steps to follow to get their claim filed, too. 

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns! 

SweetVictoryPro
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Does that also include HERMES? according to the support page you cannot make a claim for Hermes orders that are lost or damaged which are purchased via shopify, it puts me off using shopify for this reason, can you confirm that we would be able to make a claim direct to Hermes themselves? how do we do that such we need to, so far I cant see any information on it. I look forward to your response. 

Det742021
Pathfinder
83 1 26

Avoid using shopify shipping in any format, as they will never help you or find your parcel, there is nobody to contact, and shopify support doesnt care either, so you just lose your money.

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @WebEarp

I wanted to check in with you to see if you were able to submit your shipping claim correctly? If you're running into any problems with this, please let me know and I'll be happy to continue helping out! 

Best, 

WebEarp
8 0 0

Thanks Rae! It's all been sorted.

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @WebEarp

That's excellent news! I appreciate you letting me know. If there's anything else I can lend a hand with, please don't hesitate to reach out. 

In the meantime time though, I wanted to share this blog post with you, as it outlines the 10 most common shipping problems, and how to fix them. I thought you might find this helpful! 

Take care,