Surcharge for selected payment methods

Nadim
Tourist
6 0 1

Please, for the love of god, add an option to apply surcharge to an order based on the selected payment method. This is very important for a webshop. It's like having a fireplace without a chimney, killing my webshop slowly.

Replies 4 (4)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @Nadim 

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback here in Community.

I appreciate that not being able to add a surcharge automatically based on payment method is a large pain point for your business. I'm sorry to hear this. Do you currently have any work around solutions to help with this? 

Regardless, I'd be happy to log your feedback internally and share it with our developers. While we can't gaurantee any changes, the more feedback we receive the better. May I just ask a little more context: is this for cash on delivery payment options, or because a certain payment option you offer charges higher fees? Any further context you can provide will be helpful here so I can pass this information along. 

Thanks again for sharing this here. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Nadim
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello,

The workaround right now is to just disable the selected payment methods, which is nog really a solution.

It's for paypal and creditcard payments.

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate that your current workaround of disabling particular payment methods isn't ideal. 

While there are fee-related apps available in the app store, they don't allow you to add surcharges based on payment methods like PayPal or credit card payments, as you likely know. 

I have gone ahead and shared this feedback with our team internally, as promised. Thanks again for the further context and for sharing your feedback here! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

MarcoReleasit
Shopify Partner
314 24 60

Hello @Nadim 

Unfortunately, as @Hilary mentioned, there is currently no native way to add a surcharge to selected payment methods on Shopify.

If you are specifically looking to add a surcharge to the Cash on Delivery payment method you can do it by using our free to install app Releasit Cash On Delivery Fee that, as the name suggests, allows you to create a fixed surcharge for your Cash on Delivery orders.

If you are interested in the app you can find it on the Shopify App Store here: https://apps.shopify.com/cash-on-delivery-fee

Hope this helps!

If you need help or you have any doubts or questions don't hesitate to ask!

Marco

Install Releasit Cash On Delivery for free here: https://apps.shopify.com/cash-on-delivery-fee
Add a fee to Cash on Delivery and limit COD based on any condition (order total, location, products, collections, etc.)