Is SurePost UPS shipping option missing in Shopify?

keith88
Excursionist
17 0 21

We use the SurePost service from UPS quite a bit and would love to be able to use the Shopify native label solution, however they do not have SurePost as an available shipping option. 

I know it isnt used by everyone but it would be wonderful if it were able to be added into the options. 

Would anyone else find this useful/is missing this?

Replies 15 (15)

jeffpat
Tourist
10 1 7

Hello Keith,

We are trying to do the same thing so we would LOVE to have this as a native feature of Shopify.  We're considering getting a 3rd party app like app like PlugInHive's Multi Carrier Shipping Label app, but not sure we want to give up the great workflow in Shopify's order details page and move to a different app just to print SurePost labels.

Hope that helps, but I'm going to monitor this thread as well in case there is a better solution now.

Thanks,
Jeff

Matt_Shipper
Visitor
2 0 2

@keith @jeffpat What solution did you end up going with to ship UPS SurePost?  Similar Situation.

jeffpat
Tourist
10 1 7

Hello @Matt_Shipper 

We tried PluginHive's MCSA and it seemed to work great, but we weren't crazy about it the fact tat it took us out of the Shopify order admin page (to their own page), then we did some testing of rates and our SurePost rates were higher than the USPS rates we're currently using, so we decided to not move forward with SurePost.

Hope that helps,

Jeff

Matt_Shipper
Visitor
2 0 2
Thanks Jeff. It is amazing that Shopify doesn't allow for SurePost Shipping...

jeffpat
Tourist
10 1 7

Yes, I agree.  I talked to our UPS rep and she said it should be an easy addition for them.  The APIs are already there.  They would just have to add one more API to the ones they're already using.  I'm sure Shopify has to prioritize and work on the things that have the most requests, so maybe this one just isn't that popular.

keith88
Excursionist
17 0 21

We are currently using Worldship for everything and then pasting tracking back into Shopify. 

Still checking out some softwares like Ship Station, Shipping Easy, etc. Wouldnt be working in Shopify but we have a channel not integrated with Shopify so we have to work outside of it for some orders anyways.

KennyR
Excursionist
14 0 8

Yes, we are also being forced to go outside Shopify to ShipStation to use SurePost.  It’s pretty tedious. But it saves a good bit of money. 
Funny how ShipStation seems to offer it no problem. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Juherianto
Excursionist
10 0 3

Thanks for sharing information regarding SurePost Shipping! 🙂

Shopify Dropshipping POD: Learn How I Drive 100% Organic Sales Through Collaboration with Artists --- https://ebizstrategic.com/shopify-and-printful/
Christopher_Ski
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hey folks. I've been searching for a different way to offer UPS SurePost on my store as well, but to no avail. I see there are plugins that offer an entire shipping platform, but the one I am currently using works very well so there is no need for me to switch. I use KingWebmaster's Advanced Shipping Manager (https://www.advancedshippingmanager.com/) and since there's been little response from Shopify on this I figured I'd at least share what is currently working for me. ASM is very customizable and integrates with our store as well as our ERP system, and more importantly, it supports UPS SurePost, among many other shipping options. I hope this helps some of you. 

DannyOhh77
Tourist
14 0 2

Have you been able to use ShipStation to provide customers with live SurePost rates when they check out in Shopify? 

keith88
Excursionist
17 0 21
Yes, we are using ShipStation and really like it.
They have SurePost option built in. The Stamps.com rates that ShipStation gives you access to are great! We have been a direct UPS customer with a fair volume for about 10 years now, and the Stamps.com rates were better the moment we turned them on.
We also use Bespoke Shipping<> app to provide real-time rates at checkout, but ShipStation has a nice feature to show live rates at checkout as well. Bespoke is highly configurable and that is why we love it. Customer support is best of any app I've used as well.
Hopefully that is helpful.
DannyOhh77
Tourist
14 0 2

I use ShipStation right now, but haven't figured out  how to show customers live SurePost rates automatically at checkout. Shipstation support told me it's because UPS needs dimensions to provide a rate, but Shopify only provides them with the weight. This might be wrong (and sounds like my whole issue might  actually belong in a ShipStation forum 🙂).

keith88
Excursionist
17 0 21
Not sure how SurePost would work with ShiPStation Live rates.

Stamps USPS rates are comparable if not better than what we were seeing.

If you require SurePost shown at checkout, I recommend looking at Bespoke Shipping.

Anindita
Shopify Partner
675 34 94

Hi @DannyOhh77,

For automatically displaying live UPS SurePost rates at the checkout you can take a look at PH MultiCarrier Shipping Label App

Let me know if you have any queries, I will be happy to help!

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
hippiejoey
Visitor
1 0 0

I received this reply from a Shopify rep: 

I was able to do a bit more digging into this and found some more information about the availability. Surepost is available through Shopify Shipping rates, however if you were to connect the UPS account, Surepost (or "UPS Ground Saver" service as this is what they are displayed as in the Shopify admin) are not available for BYOA (Bring your own account) rates. This is consistent for all stores on Shopify and not something that is offered at this time. That being said, I have gone ahead and submitted your feedback to our team as it will be something they can consider adding in the future. 

Hope that helps! Our UPS reps didn't know this... so much for all the time spent looking in to SurePost and getting an ID!