Tag Accidently Added to All Orders.

HusnainWaqas
Visitor
1 0 0

In our daily working hours, during changing of tags from some others, ALL orders were selected so now the tag of "Ready-to-ship" is being added in ALL of the orders starting from the beginning of the orders till the very latest order. Is there any way this process can be stopped at your end or halted? 

Replies 2 (2)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2193 201 587

I don't think there's a way to stop a batch tag update, I've never seen a way to do this.

I work a lot with order tagging (lead developer of Order Automator), we have functions to adjust tags on all past orders according to the order data... but you might not need that, for example if you're using that tag to indicate items that are ready to be shipped / fulfilled, then it sounds like you could just run a batch update in Shopify to remove that tag from all orders, and then add it back for the orders that actually need to be shipped.

If you need help with that feel free to message me and I'll try to help you get that organized.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks

Rein
Shopify Staff (Retired)
324 33 48

Hi, @HusnainWaqas 

I understand you have accidentally initiated a bulk edit of your orders. While it would not be possible to reverse this you can edit them again in the same way, or use bulk actions as per this guide here. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.